s p e c i a l 1

One year ago, on this day, I began to write the story of a girl with broken memories. And honestly... For a long time, I had no idea where it was going. But, by the time I wrote all of Part 1, I just knew that there was more.

If I was less impulsive, I could've finished Gray Valley by now. But I haven't.

Because being orderly, isn't who I am... It's not how I write. And I can't help but feel grateful that you've all accepted me for who I am.

So, I realised that I should do something special for all of you... And after a lot of thinking, I decided to do a sneak peak of the edited story from Liam's perspective.

I hope you love reading it as much as I loved writing it... Love you all!

-Val

19/07/17

P.S. I'm curious... Who's on Team Liam and who's on Team Blayze?

l i a m

First impressions last forever.

The first time I met her, it was like one of those clichéd teenage romance novels, where a completely ordinary girl crashes into the hottest guy in school. And then, their eyes meet for the first time and its the perfect moment, before the guy starts being a douche bag or the girl decides to act like a complete klutz and trip over her own feet.

But our meeting wasn't completely the same.

"I'm Liam," I breathed.

She wasn't just an ordinary girl.

I couldn't look away. Her eyes were storm clouds; like night taking over day and death seeping into life.

Then there was the grief. She had eyes that held so much sorrow, it made my own sadness seem pale in comparison.

Because, more than just grief, her eyes held something that mirrored my own... Loss.

"Weslyn... And I'm okay."

Weslyn.

It was not just her name, but also her voice that hit me hard.

"Weslyn." My fingers dug into my hair. It couldn't be... I stared at her, absorbing in her features and saw her coming together. "Weslyn Grayson."

I didn't know how or why... But it was her; it was Weslyn. My Weslyn.

"How do you know my-"

"You don't know..."

But of course, that wasn't actually the first time we met.

The first time I truly met her was long ago... So long ago that I almost forgot. Almost. She had forgotten it, though. Not intentionally, but she had.

If only she'd remembered.

Everything would have been different.