The End of the Beginning

Whatever remained of the replicated sequence was soon successfully transmitted into the Saturnian IDS Tower, the weapons came online.

The Martian, Plutonian and Saturnian pods, noticing the charging up, quickly drew away from the few remaining IDS warships and fired at the tower as a huge bright beam fired and left from the roof of the tower.

The computer in the IDS base began flashing the words, "Weapons fired!"

The remaining plasma cannons, laser weapons and even the most primitive death ray on Saturn fired. An enormous concentrated beam of fire weapons sped towards Jupiter like a comet.

The beam neared Jupiter which still had its shield down just as the last fountain of the Jupitian warships headed towards the different planets like bees to their hives.

Then the concentrated fire power went through!

Jupiter flickered and eventually disappeared!

The IDS had shot at the hologram of an entire planet!

Slowly, exactly beside the targeted spot, Jupiter came back to view. The whole planet was on projective invisibility and stealth!

The IDS had overlooked the fact that Jupiter was prepared, using the winds of Jupiter, itself, the Jupitians propelled the planet with extremely huge thrusters temporarily out of its orbit.

All the time, whatever that was happening was a projected hologram image of the pods, warships and even the entire planet!

The Jupitian Commander had arranged for backup plans after all.

The Jupitians watched as small bright glows emanated from Saturn. The weapons were all now being taken out by the Saturnian, Plutonian and Martian pods. A few IDS Saturnian warships attempted to leave Saturn seeing that Jupiter was still intact. They had just left the Saturnian atmosphere only to meet with the horde of Jupitian warships entering Saturn to aid in their destruction.

The battle on the Saturnian airspace was swiftly settled.

Saterina screamed when she saw her computer flash, "TARGET MISSED". Her psychic screaming pushing the pod back.

Ken staggered to the seat, smiling. Weakly, he said, "Divert all energy to projection and initiate escape protocol."

Immediately the counter laser stopped. Saterina smiled as she watched the laser burn towards the pod.

Then it went through.

It was a hologram.

Another cleverly planned Jupitian trick.

Suddenly, the mountain roared as the ceiling above gave way. In a louder roar, the entire mountain crashed down, burying everything—the real pod, Saterina, the computer and the entire base.

The SEB and PEIDB air force stood watching as the entire mountain fell back into the Earth. The Andes was a lot shorter now.

Slowly, one by one, the air force stopped waiting for the huge Jupitian pod to resurface and returned to their headquarters, knowing perfectly well that they would never see it again. They had already won the battle, and it was really time to get the Secret Council to clean up the debris or it would be difficult to explain. Moreover, the SEB pods were mostly drained of energy as they had depleted most of he them on the Bermuda technology.

Deep down in the mountain, thousands of tons of earth lay on top of the fully powered shield of the pod.

Inside, Ken weakly commanded, "Initiate laser shields."

In response, the shield became red and started to burn the earth on it as it burned its way up to freedom.

No one saw the huge Jupitian pod smash out from the Andes, but in a blink of the eye the pod disappeared into stealth mode to its home on Earth.

Finally, Ken could proceed to his original mission wholeheartedly.

He knew that the secret government thought that he was dead and he would never be bothered by any one of them including the IDS. In addition, it seemed that he would be just on time for the second day of school with a couple of good hours to spare for his sleep. Besides, with IDS wiped out and being wiped out on the other planets with Jupiter's aid, it was but a matter of time before IDS ceased to exist. With IDS gone, Ken was sure he had all the nights on Earth to rest and sleep as much as he wanted.

Unknown to every being in the galaxy, the concentrated beam shot right into an intergalactic bridge to another galaxy... a beacon of a failed galactic conquest that once occurred in the Milky Way, and that there was intelligent and ambitious life in the Milky Way.

At the same time, deep down where the IDS base once stood, the earth began to move ever so slightly as a dim laser glow emanated from the earth.