Country X

"Okay. So, which county do you currently suggest we stay in Mr. Did-all-the-research?" Ken asked his artificially intelligent friend. "I am sure you must have done some checking out, despite my plans."

"That's the tricky part. I have discovered constitutional laws that you might be sued or the book you are in might be banned from the country where you are going. So, I'll just call the country, Country X."

"Okay... so I'm a character in some novel. Didn't really expect that," Ken said nonchalantly.

"My communication links have managed to enter our author's world. It appears he is typing the story in a computer, and a very, very primitive one, in fact."

"So, were you able to predict the story?"

"Nope, the author is typing the story as it progresses."

"No wonder my life is so dramatic. I wonder myself why I don't miss my parents. In fact, I don't even think I know them. The author is really lousy."

"Oh no! The author just disabled my spying system."

"How did he do that?"

"By simply willing it to happen, he's the author, you know. Something like God to us."

"Great. That's just great. By the way, is the author typing what I'm saying?"

"Yes."

"Then, okay." Turning to the circular ceiling of the pod, Ken shouted, "HEY YOU! YES YOU, THE AUTHOR, STOP THIS CRAP, AND GET ON WITH THE STORY. STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR BOOK THICKER. GET ON WITH YOUR STUPID IDEAS AND STUPID CONSPIRACIES THAT COME FROM YOUR SICK BRAIN! AND, GIVE ME A BETTER AND LESS DRAMATIC LIFE, WILL YOU? MAYBE THEN YOUR BOOK WILL SELL!"

~Back to the story~

The pod rose from the sea bed, unwittingly disturbing a sting ray, as it sped towards Country X—the very country where the PEIDB headquarters are. Making a detour in the sea, the pod went through the famous sunken ships. Ken watched as they passed by the ships of pirates, great arks, and even the Titanic site. In full stealth mode, the Jupitian pod zoomed past radar scanners, submarines and under huge advanced battleships. Upon reaching near Country X, the pod shot up into the air with darkness as a cloak.

Up in the airspace of Country X, it moved around, looking for a residence or a landing place. The documents had already been edited to make him an X citizen. Ken took on manual controls and looked around for a quiet place where he could land his pod and carry out his work.

After some time flying around in the bustling city, Ken grew tired with his de-adapted state. Yawning, he told the computer, "I'm going to sleep now. Find a place where you can keep out of the air space and do the necessary hacking to ensure our residence."

With that, Ken leaned back and went to sleep as the pod zigzagged about the concrete jungle.

A moment later, the Jupitian Pod was hovering in the center of a park. It was practically deserted, except for a few homeless people. The pod maintained its stealth mode while hacking into Country X's databases. PEIDB's influence on the country was tight-fisted. The computer database had been under tight security programs. Firewalls and other powerful security programs had been setup after the explosion at the PEIDB headquarters, which served as a warning to all crucial computers. However, with a "hose," the Jupitian pod "extinguished" the firewalls and other programs easily. It must be admitted that compared to the Jupitian technology, Earth's technology was like a tiger cub meeting an elephant.

The screen in the pod showed random numbers running, as the pod implanted the necessary program errors in the hacked computers after placing the necessary fake data on the Jupitian Prince's new identity. With the new errors, it would be unlikely for the secret government to run an identification verification without crashing the computer and accrediting it to glitches and errors. With that, the computer went into sleep mode as it landed softly with a thud on the grass. It would be looking for a residence tomorrow, when office hours began, as that was when the computers get switched on. Most computers were not on-line at the moment and it was almost impossible to hack into a switched off computer, even for an advanced Jupitian pod.