Chapter Eleven

A/N:

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, following, and supporting me even though I haven't been on in FOREVERRR. Sorry I say that a lot lol... I just literally have no time for anything anymore. Ugh high school is so annoying. Anyways, keep reading and stay awesome as always! Love you guys and hope you enjoy this chapter! (I know it's not following the tv series... yet)xx

~Stephanie

----------------

As we walked through the cool, almost noiseless atmosphere outside, the older woman who Carl told me was named Carol walked over to us from where she had previously been washing the clothes. Carl and I looked over at her, and she smiled back at us.

"Hi!" Carol exclaimed, looking at me. "It's so nice meeting you! My name is Carol. You're Scarlette, correct?" Carol stated questioningly as she began walking with us towards the closed prison doors. I smiled. It's so great to actually have people who know who I am, and care about me, other than my family! "Yeah. I'm Scarlette. It's a pleasure to meet you too." I responded to Carol, still smiling.

Before we knew it we had walked across the bumpy ground and were at the door. It cracked open as I pulled it. I pulled the door open, and Carl zipped in front of me, holding the door for us to walk through. I looked behind me to make sure Carol was alright. I stopped moving as I noticed her looking silently up at the sky, sad but smiling. I looked over at Carl with an inquisitive look on my face. He shrugged, and we both looked back at the mysterious woman.

Carol must've noticed us staring at her because she suddenly sighed and looked back at us. Carl and I must've looked pretty confused to her, so she began explaining. "You know Scarlette, you remind me of someone."

I heard Carl shift his feet behind me as if he was thinking about something- or someone. Carol continued. "You remind me of my daughter, Sophia. She was 12 when she... Had to go." Carol paused for a minute, and a tear streamed down her rosy cheek. She smiled as if to cheer herself up, and sniffed. "She was taken by the dead."

I gasped, and my eyes widened. So Carol's daughter had become a walker?? And the poor girl was only 12... Carol must feel horrible... Probably even responsible for what happened. I quickly ran over to Carol, practically tripping over a small pothole, and landed in arms. I hugged her tightly. "I'm so sorry. That must have been terrible to have gone through. I've seen it happen, but to someone you love..." My eyes began tearing up.

Carol put her arms around me, and before I knew it, I felt a third person put their arms around Carol and I. I looked over to see teary bright blue eyes. I looked up at Carol. Her eyes widened in surprise, as if Carl had done the most unexpected thing. Well... I guess he sort of had considering Rick and Hershel's previous explanation.

All was calm and quiet for a few seconds, until we heard a racket coming from the wire fence being pushed and pulled by walkers. Carol jumped, frightened, and beckoned Carl and I through the doorway and into the prison.

"Alright you two. You best be going to bed now." Carol stroked my hair longingly and looked intently at Carl. He didn't notice, though. He grinned slightly at me. I smiled and looked up at Carol. "You're a good girl, Scarlette. You've done wonders for us so far." Carol praised, smiling and looking at me.

Carl looked very confused, but I knew just what she was talking about. I had already made Carl a better person, and it had only been a few hours since I met the kid. Carol walked away, and disappeared to the living area, where I could hear the voices of many people getting ready to slumber.

"C'mon, let's go to bed." Carl said yawning, and with that he started walking towards the living area as well. I followed him, listening to the voices of the elderly and children on the floor above.

I looked up and saw an adorable little boy, possibly around 6 years old, sitting by himself and reading a storybook while the other kids were running around laughing. This boy had longish and cowlick-filled brown hair, and glasses. He was wearing old, worn out Scooby-Doo pajamas. I don't know why I noticed him out of all the other kids, but he did resemble Brendan, and acted like him and I. Maybe I could get to know the kid...

These thoughts were pushed out of my head as I walked into someone. My head snapped to the front. My dark brown eyes widened as I looked up and saw Glenn. My cheeks reddened and I started apologizing.

"I'm sorry, I should've been paying attention..." Glenn lifted his arm and patted my shoulder awkwardly. He smiled crookedly.

"It's alright. It was my fault too. Haha... What an introduction. I'm Glenn. And you're Scarlette, obviously. I never really got a chance to talk to you. I'm glad we have another strong member of our group." He reached out his hand, I took it and we shook hands.

Behind him, Glenn's wife was walking down the stairs. She saw us talking and gave a look of annoyance which was soon replaced with friendliness. She came over and put an arm around Glenn. "Hi. The name's Maggie. You're Scarlette? Nice to meet you." Maggie said with a strong southern accent.

I smiled at her. "Yeah I'm Scarlette. It's nice meeting you... Both of you." I turned to Maggie. "I've met your dad and sister. They both seem really nice, and I hope Beth and I will become good friends. Maggie smiled, happy to know I wasn't trying to steal her husband from her I guess... "You and Beth are going to get along great." Glenn said. I smiled.

A loud shrieking of metal sounded through the downstairs, and all three of us looked over at the prison cells next to us to see the Grimes' cell being locked by Carl, who was wearing nothing but khakis and socks. I gasped and blushed once I noticed Carl's revealed chest.

It was pale, yet toned. There was a scar on the left side of his chest. He had a slight four pack, and the beginning of a V-line was visible from above the top of his shorts. Carl noticed my reaction, and blushed too. He quickly mumbled goodnight and then scampered into the top bunk above his sleeping father.

I bit my lip, and turned back to see Glenn and Maggie grinning at me. Maggie winked at me, and wiggled her eyebrows devilishly. "I-I've got to go to bed..." I muttered, embarrassed, and then hurried off to my cell, not sure about that previous reaction.

--------------

A/N:

Well that's the end of this chapter! Hope you guys liked it!! Please keep voting and following, and I'll try to keep updating! If you have any ideas on what I should do in future chapters, leave your input in the comments. Thanks guys :)

--------