Chapter Nine

Chapter 9💀

*Scarlette's POV*

My eyes widened. What about Carl? He seems like a nice boy, what could Rick be talking about? "Back when the Governor attacked our prison, he actually had a large, diverse group of fighters. Including children. When his group finally surrendered and ran away, a young boy was remaining. Hershel can tell the story from here. After all, he was there." Rick looked over at Hershel, who seemed to tense up at the thought of what had happened that day. His face grew serious and his eyes became cold looking. "You see... Carl shot this boy."

My heart jumped and my jaw dropped. I can't believe it! Carl couldn't have killed someone... He's an innocent boy! Isn't he? Silence filled the room as the three men watched my reaction. "But... Carl... He's just a- a boy... He wouldn't do that!" Wow Scar, now you're just babbling. But honestly... Such an innocent-looking boy couldn't have done that...

"Why did he do it?" I finally said after a few minutes of gathering my thoughts. Hershel and Rick shared a knowing, yet worried glance. Hershel began speaking again. "Well, Beth, Carl, baby Judith, and myself were hiding in the forest to be safe. After the Governor's troops left, a young boy ran through the bushes. He was young, maybe around 16.

Carl stood up and held his gun out, and pointed at the boy. I told the poor frightened boy to put his gun down. The boy didn't listen, but instead held the gun out to Carl so Carl could take it from his hand. Carl then shot him in the head... And killed the boy..."

Hershel shook his head and looked away. A lingering silence filled the musty prison air for a minute. Rick suddenly looked over at Hershel.

"Now Hershel, I'm not totally sure if he made the wrong choice. The boy didn't listen to what he said to do after all. Plus remember, he has to protect us and himself... That's how he feels after what happened with the walker that killed Dale. He can't let anything like that happen again."

"But Shane-" Hershel butted in.

"Yes I understand Shane probably affected Carl in some negative ways by his previous actions, but either way..." Rick looked me in the eyes, his eyes seemingly pleading with mine, "We're worried about him. He's been acting so different lately. He's become so... Dark and depressed.

"Especially since the death of Dale and his own mother. The thing is, it seems that you and Carl have started to bond. He's seemed happier around you. Please, please can you watch him? Try to help him be happy, and be a better person. We're all worried for him."

Wow... I never really figured Carl was like that. He seemed so happy when I was with him. Has he truly become as dark of a person as Rick and Hershel said? My eyes lowered, and I bit my lip.

"I mean... I never figured Carl was like that. You're right, he seemed so happy around me. Of course I will help him. I'm not the most positive person either, though. But I'll try." My eyes moved back up and met Rick's.

I smiled and nodded. Ow my back still hurts... "Well, I guess I'll just go find him now..." I said motioning towards the doors leading outside. My back popped as I took a step towards the door. Great job... Way to ruin the silence. I looked back at the three guys who were now staring at me with eyebrows raised and gave them a goofy grin.

"Are ya sure you're okay? And I didn't notice you had braces. Cute. If I was Carl I'd choose you, damn right." Rick elbowed Daryl after that last statement. "What?" Daryl glared at Rick. I blushed and turned towards the door again. "Yeah I'm fine, thanks. I'll see you later, k?" With that, I walked outside and into the darkness.
---------------
A/N:
Hiiiii guyssss I got 64 reads somehow haha. You guys are amazing!! Please let all your friends and everyone know about this fanfic because I really need more views!! Also, it would be great it you could vote and comment on it so it would be easier to find. Thankssss y'all love ya!! :3