Chapter Four

Chapter 4💀

*Scarlette's pov*

I biked quickly but quietly down the long, dark road being careful to look around every house and alley to check for anything dangerous. By now, all of our neighbors had gone in search of other family, or had died already.

Obviously staying here was the best idea for us. We'd be safe for the time being... But I'd have to hurry back. Although, Brendan isn't too bad with the gun and Travis knows how to use a sword... And mom isn't half bad either. Meanwhile I didn't know where exactly to look for food. The stores were probably out, but there was a small general store in an alleyway that few people knew about. I decided to go there.

I quickly turned into the bumpy alleyway and saw that, again, the coast was clear. Three massacred walkers laid on the ground, and I began to wonder where the people who did that were.

I got off my bike, put it in front of the door, and sprinted stealthily over the walkers and into the store. Hahaa. Benefits of being a softball player. Not surprisingly, a good amount of food was left. I opened my emergency bag that already contained a few clothing items and weapons, and grabbed two boxes of brown sugar pop tarts to throw in. I saw a few packs of beef jerky left and I grabbed those. I grabbed some sodas, water, and Gatorade and threw them in too. I grabbed some protein bars and threw them in. And some gum because... Well ya never know.

I threw everything into the bag, and I froze as I heard someone... Or something... Outside. I quickly pulled out my knife and dashed outside. A figure... Not one of the dead... Was taking my bike! I ran over and tackled them before I even thought twice.

"What are you doing? That's my bike!" I looked down. The person I had tackled was lying tensed underneath me, also looking a bit frightened. He had sinister eyes, but they relaxed after a moment. They were a lovely, deep blue color, and totally complimented his matted, long brown hair. The boy's face was dirty, as were his clothes. He was quite short, but looked a bit younger than me.

"Hey I was just looking for a ride. I didn't know it was yours..." He spoke. Oh my gosh. Ugh how awkward. I'm sitting on this tiny boy... I slowly got up... "I won't hurt you if you don't hurt me." I said calmly, pulling my knife away. "Deal." He replied, giving me a tiny smile. We were about to shake on it when a man of around 40 or 50 years old came running into the alley.

"Carl!! Come here NOW!! We have to get out of here!" He frantically looked in the other direction. I guess he didnt know I was here too. But there must be something wrong by his tone... The boy..."Carl" is his name I guess... Looked at me nervously. "Come on, come with us! It isn't safe!" I nodded, and hopped onto my bike. "Go!" I shouted at Carl as I pedaled out of the alley.
--------
Author's Note:
Hey guys, please continue reading! I know the chapters are short, but this is my first ever fanfic. I hope you're enjoying it so far, and again, I will always encourage you all to leave comments and stuff.
~Stephanie