STEP THREE: Let's Discuss The Boring Stuff

While writing a book is an extremely fun process in which you get to enter a world of your creation, there are a few little boring things which you have to be clear on.

Firstly, you need to decide roughly how long you want the book to be. This will impact your pacing of the book, and how spaced out/packed your events can be. What is also useful is to work out approximately how many words you will have in each chapter as this keeps you to a goal and means that you don't write too much or not enough.

Secondly, you need to name everything. This part can be very fun, but when you have a ton of characters it can get slightly dull to search baby name sites for hours. If you don't have an immediate name for a character, I suggest going on those random name generators or looking at baby name lists for inspiration. Other names you have to think about are: city names, street names, any shops you want to mention, and the world you're setting the novel in.

Language is a very important part of any book, and if you're planning on using slang/made up words you need to have these sorted before you write to stop yourself pausing your stream of writing for hours trying to come up with some slang.

Finally, a crucial part of any book is the grammar so if you're not sure on your ability to write grammatically correct sentences, maybe do some research and just refresh your memory.