Chapter Six: Feel Something

NormasAlex HammaWitch Twoshy1013 BatesLuva
This chapter is dedicated to you three. Sorry for the wait! Lots of love!! XOXO

Filming had been more than awkward but thankfully, they only had a few days of filming left after that. However, Nestor had been acting weird toward Vera. He avoided her as much as he could and barely even looked at her. She had had enough of it.
She approached him while he was on break in his dressing room. She had trapped him and there was nothing he could do about it. He looked up at her as she closed the door behind her.
"Oh." he said, glancing at the closed door.
"You're avoiding me." she says. He looks down at his sandwich, picking at the bread.
"No I'm not." he says.
"I wasn't mad about the kiss before but now I am because you won't even look at me." she says. He glances up at her as if proving that she is wrong.
"It was just one kiss. One good kiss. Maybe even a great one. But are we going to let one maybe great kiss get in the way of our professional relationship?" she asks. He sighs, rubbing his forehead.
"No. I'm sorry. I've just been so confused lately. I don't know what to do anymore." he says.
"I'm not asking for a marriage. If you want to continue, that's up to you. If you want to forget about it then we will." she says. He glances up at her with interest.
"What if we use this hiatus as a test. To see if it was just a heat of the moment thing or if it's something we want to explore." he says.
"How?" she asks.
"We don't contact each other at all over the break and when we come back, we talk about what we want to do." he says. She smiles and nods.
"Sounds good." she says.
And it was good. For the first day. But Nestor began to miss her more and more with each day that passed. It made him realize how unhappy he was with Shannon. And with the too long hiatus coming to an end, the nervousness of going back to Vera loomed over him.
"You really have to go back?" Shannon asks.
"How else would we be able to afford the house?" Nestor asks, packing his bag. If he were being honest, a break from Shannon sounded irresistible. Especially since he would be spending that time with Vera who he hadn't seen since filming, just as discussed.
If anything, the break made him want her more.
Vera, on the other hand, had other ideas. To say that Nestor was hurt when he saw her with another man would be an understatement.
He watched with pained eyes as the man places a kiss on her lips before getting back in his car and driving away while Vera waved him off.
She turned back to the parking lot and her eyes went straight to Nestor.
She could see the pain in his eyes even from that far away. It was evident in his body language when he turned around and walked into his trailer.
She knew she had to fix things and talk it all out with Nestor. So that's exactly what she was going to do. She walks to his trailer and knocked lightly only to see the lights turn off inside. She sighs and knocks again.
"Nestor! I know you're in there." she shouts through the door. She pauses, listening.
"We need to talk!" she shouts. Nothing.
She takes her phone out and dials his number which she knows far too well. His phone begins to ring before he quickly shuts it off.
"Ha! I know you're in there because your phone rang. So stop being a baby and let me-"
He opens the door, turning his lights back on. His eyes are cold as they stare at her.
"Nes-" She moves to walk in but he blocks her path.
"Nestor, I-"
"I thought we would wait. Not contact each other for the break and then come back and-"
"And what Nestor? Pretend like you don't have a wife? Pretend like this whole situation wouldn't destroy me in the end? Maybe you can do that but I can't." she says.
Nestor grabs her by her arm and pulls her inside, closing the door behind her. He presses her against the wall, his lips connecting with hers in a soft, gentle way. She couldn't help herself as her lips moved with his while her hands grabbed his neck, pulling him closer.
"No." she mumbles, pushing him away.
"You can't tell me you didn't feel that." Nestor says.
"I did. But I shouldn't." she admits.
"Let's just try this out and-"
"My answer is no Nestor. I can't. I won't wreck a marriage just because you're getting bored with your sex life and think I am easy." she says. The words stab his heart, leaving him out of breath.
"That's what this is right? That's what I am?" she asks.
"Why would you say that?" he whispers. Her eyes soften but her physique remains strong.
"Why else would you be kissing me? You want my body." she says. He rests the palm of his hand against her cheek, his thumb stroking her soft skin.
"I want you for so much more. Your mind, your soul, your stubbornness. Everything about you is what I crave." he tells her.
"It's the chase then. The thrill of the chase. Wanting what you can't have-"
"Why can't you just believe me when I say I want you?"
"Because I feel like I am being lied to." she says.
"You don't give yourself enough credit, mon cheri." he says with a smirk.
"Nestor, I won't do this with a married man." she says sadly.
"I respect that. But know that I am here. I'll figure things out." he says, stepping away from her.
"So friends for now?" he asks.
"Friends for now." she says.
She kisses his cheek before he pulls away quickly with a strained smile on his face.
"You can't do that." he says. She smiles apologetically.
"Okay. I'm sorry." she says. He holds out his hand and she takes it, shaking it. They hold onto each other for a little too long.
"Goodbye kiss?" Nestor asks. Vera laughs and rolls her eyes.
"That's not something a friend would ask." she says.
"Friends with benefits?" he asks.
"Nes." she warns. He chuckles and pulls his hand away.
"Fine. See you later." he says.
"Bye." she says, walking out.
"See how boring that goodbye was?" he calls out after her. All she can do is smile due to the wandering eyes of their coworkers.
Season four of Bates Motel brought more complications to their unstable friendship than they had anticipated. Never had they ever thought that Norma and Alex would end up together. It was just their luck that they were bound to get married.
"I think it is exactly what the fans are craving." Freddie says with excitement.
"It's crazy. You two haven't even kissed and people are making couple names for Norma and Alex and writing fanfiction. Imagine how crazy they will be when Normero finally exists." Olivia says.
"Normero?" Nestor asks with a face of disgust.
"Your couple name. Alex and Norma. Alma wouldn't work since it sounds like an eighty year old woman." Max says.
"Normero just flows." Freddie says.
"Are we really talking about this?" Vera asks, unpacking the food she made.
"What did you bring us momma Farmiga?" Max asks with a smile as he looks at the containers.
"I made chicken alfredo pasta and I made breadsticks. I also brought red sauce because I know white sauce doesn't settle well with some people." she says, sending Max a look while setting everything out.
"Not my fault." he says. She giggles.
"It's just a phase. Everyone knows it." Olivia says jokingly, making Max roll his eyes.
"And all of this is homemade?" Freddie asks with surprise.
"Everything down to the sauce and noodles." she says with a smile as she hands out the plates.
"I don't know how you do it." Nestor says, admiring her beauty.
"What's for dessert?" Olivia asks.
"I made some chocolate chip cookies." she says, setting those out as well.
"Thank you, momma Farmiga." Max says, already putting food on his plate.
"Yeah thanks." Olivia and Freddie say in unison.
"Jinx, buy me a coke!" Olivia shouts. Freddie sighs and stands up, walking to the nearest vending machine.
"Thanks, V." Nestor says, reaching out to pat her shoulder but refraining at the last second.
Freddie walks back angrily and sets the coke down in front of Olivia who smiles and opens it up, taking a sip.
"Refreshing." she says. She looks at Freddie and smiles even wider.
"You may speak now." she says.
"Bitch." he says with a smirk.
"I still don't understand the rules." Max says.
"Oh come on. We explained them thoroughly numerous times." Olivia says.
"We wrote them down for you." Freddie says. Max shrugs, stuffing more pasta into his mouth. Vera could feel Nestor staring at her and she looked around, making sure no one else noticed. They were all too busy arguing about the rules of jinx to notice when Vera reached for Nestor's hand under the table. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't keep herself away from him.