Chapter Fourteen: Drink Up

An early update because Nestor Carbonell just liked one of my tweets!!! Happy day!

Nestor glances in the mirror one last time before grabbing the wine and walking outside. He looks to the left and sees Max coming out of his trailer.
"Hey, Max." Nestor calls out, walking to the boy. Max smiles as Olivia walks out of his trailer behind him, carrying a bag of muffins.
"We brought desert." Olivia says, holding up the food.
"I brought wine." Nestor says, holding up the bottle as they begin their walk.
"I brought chips." Freddie says, appearing out of nowhere.
"Chips?" Max asks.
"Hey you didn't even bring anything." Freddie says.
"We brought muffins-"
"You can't double on something." Freddie says.
"You're here!" Vera says with a smile as she opens her trailer door.
"Max didn't bring anything." Freddie says automatically.
"That's perfectly fine. I made enough food." Vera says, pulling Freddie in for a hug. This was their only day off for Labor day and Vera decided to have a small party with the five of them and Vera's boyfriend.
"We brought muffins, actually." Max says, hugging Vera and kissing her cheek.
"Well thank you." Vera says, moving to hug Olivia.
"I brought wine." Nestor says as Vera moves to hug him.
"Thank you." she says, kissing his cheek and taking the wine.
"Well come in. Chris should be here any minute." she says with excitement.
"I'm ready to get to know him." Max says.
"Yeah. We have to approve of this guy." Olivia says.
"Hmm." Nestor says, making Vera smack his chest. He smirks, shrugging his shoulders.
"Hey, Nestor, weren't you going to bring your new girl?" Freddie asks. Vera looks up with surprise. She didn't know Nestor was seeing someone.
"Yeah. She should be here-"
A knock on the door cuts him off. Vera opens it, expecting to see Chris but instead she comes face to face with a beautiful tall blonde woman.
"Oh." Vera says, stepping aside.
"Ah, everyone, this is Bonnie. Bonnie, that's Freddie, Max, Olivia, and Vera." Nestor says, pointing to each person.
"Hello." she says sweetly. Vera's mouth is still slightly open with surprise.
"V, you wanna close the door?" Nestor asks. She jumps slightly, being brought back to reality, and closes the door.
After an hour of talking and Vera watching with disgust as Nestor kisses the girl, everyone was getting hungry and the food was getting cold.
"Should we keep waiting?" Freddie asks.
"No. I'll call him. You guys eat." Vera says, standing up and walking outside.
"Should we wait?" Freddie asks again. Nestor glances at the door, wiping his hands on his jeans and standing up.
"Maybe just wait until she comes back inside." Nestor says. They nod and Freddie continues with his story.
"Anyways, the professor made a rule that he wouldn't count you late as long as you were there before him. And this girl in my class-"
The door opened and Vera walked inside with a soft smile. Nestor could easily tell that it was a forced smile.
"Everything alright?" Nestor asks.
"Yes. Yeah. Of course. Let's eat." she says. Everyone stands up and walks into the kitchen to get food.
"You know, for as great of an actress as you are...you think you would be a better liar." Nestor whispers before walking to Bonnie and kissing her cheek. She sighs and follows, serving them food before serving herself. It wasn't until far after dinner that Chris finally did arrive. He stumbled through the front door quite loudly, catching everyone's attention.
"Sorry I'm late." Chris says with a laugh.
"Chris can I speak with you in the bedroom?" Vera asks, setting her plate on the counter. They walk into the back room and the four left in the living room sit in silence, listening to their conversation.
"That was so embarrassing." Vera whispers, putting a hand on her forehead.
"What?" he asks.
"I told everyone you would be here for dinner so they could actually meet you and get to know you." she whispers.
"Do you hear anything?" Freddie whispers.
"Yeah. Someone just said 'Do you hear anything?'" Olivia says mockingly while shooting a glare at Freddie. They all lean more towards Vera's bedroom, listening in.
"I didn't know-" Chris says.
"No shit you didn't know." she shouts.
"I can hear now." Freddie whispers with a smile.
"Shh." Olivia and Max hush him this time.
"You don't know anything." Vera continues loudly.
"You don't know literature, you don't know how to have an intelligent conversation, you don't even know how to have sex."
"Oh shit." Max says with a laugh.
"I do it myself these days. Did you know that?" Vera asks.
"It takes me 30 seconds to do what you couldn't figure out how to do by reading a book about how to properly fuck-"
Her voice cuts off suddenly, confusing the eavesdroppers.
"Don't." Vera says angrily, pushing Chris off of her body.
"I don't know how to fuck? I'll show you-"
"That's not what I want." she says angrily.
"What do you want?" he shouts angrily.
"I want you to leave." she says. He glares at her.
"Now." she says, pushing him to the door. He walks out of the bedroom and out of the trailer without even a glance in anyone's direction.
Eventually, Vera walks out, looking embarrassed.
"How much of that did you hear?" she asks. There is a pause while everyone looks around, not knowing what to say.
"The walls are thin." Freddie says slowly. Vera sighs and hides her face behind her hands.
"We don't blame you...I mean if a guy can't do his job...then someone has to." Olivia says, trying to help.
"It just explains a lot of what goes on during yours and Nestor's sex scenes." Max says, earning a punch from Olivia as Vera and Nestor look at each other with embarrassment. Bonnie shifts in her seat and Nestor puts a hand on her knee.
"It's acting." they say in unison.
"Whatever you say." Max says with a smirk.
"Let's drink." Vera says, grabbing the wine bottle and pouring a glass.
"Can we drink outside? There are supposed to be meteor showers tonight." Freddie says, standing up.
"Oh yeah! That would be wonderful!" Bonnie says with excitement.
"Yeah, sure." Vera says, bringing all of the alcohol with them as they walk outside. Nestor grabbed a blanket and laid it out on the grass for all of them to lay on.
"One blanket for all of us?" Max asks.
"I'll grab another." Vera says, walking inside.
"I'll come with." Nestor says, wanting to talk with her.
"Be back in a bit." he whispers before placing a kiss on Bonnie's lips.
They walk inside and Vera grabs the blanket but Nestor stops her from leaving.
"I...wanted to talk with you." he says softly, closing the front door.
"About what?" she asks slowly, setting the blanket down.
"I just...I think you should break up with Chris." he says. She raises her eyebrows with surprise.
"I should what?" she asks.
"Come on, V. He treats you like shit. And he can't even...do his job in bed. You really want to keep that guy around?" he asks.
"Nes-"
"No, come on. He's a dick and you deserve better."
"You can't say these things. You're dating someone and I can date who I want." she says, grabbing the blanket.
"Come on, that's not fair-"
"Do you think it's easy for me to see you with other people?" she asks.
"You ended things with me-"
"Because I was mad at you, not because I stopped loving you!" she says with frustration. He pauses while she looks away.
"You...you still love me?" he asks softly.
"What? No..no, I-"
"You still love me." he says again with realization.
"Yeah, well...well you still love me, so." she says.
"No..nnn..what...what does this mean?" he asks.
"What do you...I mean, do you want to get back together?" he asks.
"No!" she says.
"Well...maybe. I don't know. I just...I still can't forgive you for what you did. I can't, I just...but sometimes when I am with you I just feel so..."
"What?" he shouts.
"I just..I feel so.."
"What?" he ask softly, stepping closer to her. He brushes a piece of hair away from her face and holds her cheek.
"I feel..." she whispers, her eyes glancing down at his lips. He leans down and presses his lips against hers gently. Her hands hold the back of his neck, pulling him closer.
She pulls away and licks her lips.
"You're still smoking." she says, tasting the nicotine on her lips. He smirks and shrugs.
"Old habits die hard." he says, pulling her in for another kiss.
All too soon, their kiss is cut short when the front door opens, making them jump away from each other.
"No, I don't care! I'm not going to try strip poker." Freddie says, walking inside with Max. They look at Vera and Nestor who are looking back with a mix of surprise and guilt.
"I found the blanket." Vera says, holding the blanket again.
"Oh good! Oh there's the blanket." Nestor says, trying to save them from the awkward situation.
"We are all waiting." Max says.
"Right. Okay. Let's go." Vera says. The two boys walk out and Vera glances up at Nestor who is looking down at her. She quickly walks around him and leaves him in the trailer feeling confused.

Did you catch Vera's line from one of her movies? If you did, A+ for you! XOXO