Chapter 5 ~Randomness~

Yuki's POV

Time went by so fast. I passed the test, which is to make a clone or two and was assigned to be a part of Team 7, along with Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke. We introduced ourselves and did a survival exercise the next day. It turned out to be so troublesome but we passed the test in the end and then, we were assigned to escort a man named Tazuna until he finished building the bridge.

It was not that hard. It's just.... We thought that Haku killed Sasuke but no.... Those needles just put him into a near-death state, just like what he did to Zabuza. In the beginning, we thought that Haku was an ally but.... He is not. He is our enemy, our foe.... But he is a very kind and loyal boy. He is one of a kind.

We just returned from the Village Hidden in the Mist and now Naruto treated us some ramen, which I am eating right now.

"Umm.... Kakashi-sensei, what time are we going to meet tomorrow?" I asked while eating this food from heaven. "Hmm. The usual." He said and I just nodded. Tomorrow he will give our.... What do you call that? Application forms or something? Anyway, those are for the upcoming Chunin Exams.

After eating, I stood up and started to walk home. "Sayounara! (Goodbye)" I yelled from the distance as I waved my hand. "Bye!" They all said and I went home.

Eversince I became a ninja, I always climb the tree near our house and I always use that as my way towards my room, meaning, I haven't seen my parents eversince I became a ninja. And that's a good thing.

But.....

When I arrived, I felt a familiar burning sensation in my chest and as usual, I started to cough out blood. I ran towards the bathroom and did my usual routine which is to cough out blood until it stops.

-MINUTES LATER-

"Ugh. I hate the taste of it." I muttered as I closed the bathroom door. I walked towards my bed and lied down.

"Yuki!" Someone said and I opened my left eye just to see Sasuke's face stuck in the window. Joke. He is there outside, watching me from the window. I sat cross-legged and opened the window, letting him in.

"So.... Why are you here, Sasuke-chan?" I asked as I yawned.

"Oh nothing. It's just so boring in my house." He said, lying down on my bed. "Hey. Don't lie down there." I said as I puffed my cheeks out. "Geez...." That's all what he said and then, he closed his eyes.

I lied down and closed my eyes as well. Soon, without even realizing it, I fell asleep.

Sasuke's POV

I sighed and opened my eyes, just staring at the ceiling. "Hey Yuki." I called and received a deafening silence. "Hey Yuki." I repeated and glanced at her, my eyes returning back to the ceiling..... Wait....

My eyes returned back to Yuki's.... Sleeping figure? She is sleeping?

I smiled and observed her angelic face. "You know.... You're so beautiful.... And your name suits your appearance very much." I whispered as I slowly stroked her smooth face. Without knowing it, I slowly leaned.

Wait. What am I doing?! I sat right up straight as I felt my cheeks burning. What have gotten into me? Why am I acting so strange?

"Okay. Breathe in. Breathe out." I muttered to myself. Then, I just stared. Eyebrow twitching, unsteady breathing, heartbeat beating in a crazy speed, cheeks burning, time ticking slowly. What the heck?! I shook my head and looked away.

"Why are you so beautiful? Why are you so kind? Why are you.... Like that?" I asked myself. Oh no.

I just released a long sigh and kissed her forehead.

I think I like you..... Yuki.

Then, I jumped out of the window and landed gracefully on the ground. I walked home. While on the way, many people asked me why I am so RED.

Yuki's POV

Ugh. I opened my eyes just to see the beautiful sunset in my window. I looked around and noticed that Sasuke is gone. "Oh.... I guess he left already." I said as I frowned. I really want to spend more time with him.

I want to get to know him better. I mean.... What are friends for?

My hand flew to my chest instantly as a familiar burning sensation was felt. "Geez. Not a-again.." I said as I ran towards the bathroom and did my usual routine. 'Oh please. Someone help me. I can't believe that this illness is killing me. It's getting worse and more often. When will this stop?'

-THE NEXT DAY-

I looked at the small paper, which I'm currently holding. "Kakashi-sensei, what is this?" I asked and he just looked at me boredly. "It's an application form for the Chunin Exams. A group of three or two is needed and I think I should divide this squad." He said and I just sighed.

"Or one should not join." He finished and my eyes widened a little. "N-No. Just divide us. All of us must take part in this exam." I said and he looked at me AGAIN. Ugh. That eye of him!

"Eh?" That's all what he said and I just looked away.

Geez.

Chunin Exams. Ugh. So much trouble.