Chapter Eleven

Dedicated to: @Camimie! :D

And sadly, that's the only part of the song I can find on youtube :P HAHAH Just Google it.

Chapter Eleven

When we arrived at McDonald’s, I stuck by Ethan’s side no matter what. It didn’t help that just a few steps behind us were Patrick and Angel. Angel had her elbow linked with his and was probably yapping about some pointless party they were both invited to.

            You know how I know this? She squealed when Patrick said he was going.

            How could he stand that? I can’t. Sure, he had his fair share of girlfriends but girls who acted like they were together sort of bugged me. Especially one blonde in particular.

            “What do you like, Cass?” Ethan said by the counter.

            I shrugged. “Maybe just a cheeseburger.”

            He ordered and when I gave him my money, he just shook his head and said, “My treat.”

            I smiled. I was grateful for Ethan. Imagine going to a lunch where you weren’t exactly close with anyone. Ethan grabbed our tray and led us to the table where everyone was sitting. But apparently, our booth was full with Leo, Tamara and Celia on one side and Angel and Patrick on the other.

            No surprise there.

            “You know what Ethan? I think I’m just gonna sit somewhere else.” I smiled at him and excused myself from the others.

            “What? Why?” He asked, confused.

I shrugged. Then I sat on a table across from them. It was okay if he wanted to hang with them. I wanted to gather up my thoughts anyway. Besides, there was a certain person I didn’t exactly feel up to the mood to talk to.

I unwrapped my burger but before I could bite in the calories, someone sat across from me. It was Ethan. Surprise, surprise.

“Don’t you want to hang with them?” I asked.

He bit into his burger and chewed. “Not exactly my type of crowd.”

I raised a brow and smirked. “Then what is?”

“Oh you know,” he said, nonchalantly, “this and that.” He bit into his burger again before saying anything. “So what’s up with you? Before the car, you were smiling and everything; now, it’s like someone stole your favorite teddy bear and ripped his head off.”

I cracked a smile. “Interesting analogy. I was actually going for ‘brooding vampire with the urge to murder people’.”

“I didn’t take you for a Twilight fan.”

I laughed and bit my lip. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Patrick look up. I ignored him. “It’s actually Vampire Diaries. Edward doesn’t brood. He sparkles. You don’t know me that well then.”

Ethan rolled his eyes before smiling softly. “Well then, give me the chance to.” He leaned in. “Go out with me. Please?”

My heart stopped. Did Ethan Valentine just ask me out?

“I know it’s really straightforward but…” Ethan said in a hurry. He was getting nervous and it was adorable to watch. “I really want to know you more. I hope I don’t come off as a weirdo to you now or something.”