A Dreamer's Destiny (18)

Hey everyone, sorry for posting after such a long time. But I was waiting to get my laptop back so that I can post chapters properly. while posting and typing through my phone I was feeling I was writing the summary of what I had in my head.lol. So now here is the next chapter, dedicated to lampshade37,snm, Mayjay, Kittyrascalmeow, Munz03,and to a new fan whose message touched my heart and made me smile so wide "Crazylola" i dont have words to thank you enough girl.you are awesome.! thanks everyone!!

RECAP

"Ok, Angela, I believe you... But before anything else I want to ask something" I said. She nodded her head.

"Am I dead?"

Chapter 18

*Angela's pov*

That's a question that made a laughter escape through my mouth. What made him think he is dead? Oh right! He doesn't remember anything and now he is talking to a dead mother, plus, one day he suddenly found himself standing at a school corridor. Humm... then his question makes sense. Though, I am not sure, if my answer is going to make any sense. It will be a tricky job to make him believe me, but I think, now that he knows that I am not a mad person, he'll probably understand. He has to, as we don't have a second choice and we don't know how much time we have.

"Umm... look... just say it... I am dead, right?" he said after quietly but impatiently driving for awhile.

"Only one person is dead in this car, and we both know who it is." I replied him.

"Phewww... thank god." He said more to himself. Then he didn't ask me any question nor did I spoke anything seeing the fact that what I have to tell him is not something to be told while driving. In about 15 minutes we were back at his place. We sat there in silence for awhile, before he finally decided to break the silence.

"Now tell me the real reason you are here for." He said to me. Finally this is the time to tell him and to make all his lost memories come back to him. I still don't understand why he forgot all that. Though I think it's because we are in his past and all those things never happened to him in this time. So probably that's why when he came back to this time the incidents that happened to him were a part of his future and as we are in his past his future hasn't arrived yet. So those things never happened to him according to this time dimension. Though somewhere in his unconscious mind he has the memories of it as in real things have happened. That's why whenever he is with Katty he feels some kind of a connection to her. He had not forgotten his love completely. He just needs a reminder and it will all come back to him, I guess.

"Jason, tell me when was the 1st time you met Katty?" I asked him.

"In... in the school... during the assembly." he replied without taking a second to think.

"I want you to close your eyes, and think deep, try to remember the first time, you saw her." I said making his expression again change to what I am used to by now.

"I just told you that." He replied with confusion.

"Yes you did. But now I want you to try to remember it with focus, and concentration." I commanded him. It will take me years to make him remember everything if he kept moving with such pace. Why can't he just do what I ask him, without any questions? Katty used to do the same thing. Too many questions irritate me sometimes. He did what I asked with his eyes closed, trying to focus.

*Jason's Pov*

I didn't get it. I just told her where I met Katty for the 1st time. What's there to "focus" and to "concentrate" about, I know I'll see the same thing. But it seems like she won't let me go so I don't have a choice but to do what she asked for. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the day I saw Katty. First I saw myself standing at that corridor. I saw her looking towards me. Everything was happening in slow motion as if everything was coming back to me so slowly. I went deeper in my memories and suddenly, as if someone just hit the rewind botton of a video, I found myself at a place I have not seen before. I was wearing a blue uniform kind of thing and was pushing a trolley of food. I saw that I entered a room which appeared to be a ward in a hospital. I placed the trolley in front of the corner rack kept across the bed. I replaced the glass of water and the empty jar kept on the rack with the fresh water I brought with myself. I bent down to collect the trash scattered on the floor. I was sitting on my knees and placing the medicines on the right corner of the rack according to a board which I had in one of my hands and then I marked the box given in front of the name of the patient "Katherine" done. I turned to see who was the patient in this room and if she wants anything. She was standing near the window wearing a blue gown the one that the patients usually wear. Her back was facing me, black medium length hair, tied carelessly. Her hand was touching the grill of the window, as if she was deep in her thoughts.

"You want anything else?" I gestured, still standing where I was. I waited for about a minute for a reply but it didn't come. She kept looking out of the window, still lost in her own world, as if she didn't even noticed me there. I saw my watch and was about to leave when for the last time I turned around before finally leaving the room. She was still standing there without any movement. A gush of wind passed through the window making a few tresses of her hair overlap her face, her face that now was in front of my eyes. One hand still holding the window grill, and the other one struggling to remove a lock of her smooth hair which was tickling her eyes, I found it hard to believe that she was a patient here. Beautiful eyes, her dark circles caused probably due to less sleep, made no difference to her angelic face.

"So did you remember anything" a familiar voice tried to bring me back from where I was. It annoyed me a little. But I could still see myself standing there holding the knob of the door just waiting to hear her voice.

"Jason??" someone called out for me this time trying to wake me up, although I was not really sleeping. I opened my eyes....

How can that be? I was positive I've never seen Katty before that day.

"So... now tell me when did you first saw Katty?" Angela asked with a smile on her face telling me that she already knows the answer. Now I see why she was persisting to concentrate.

"It was a room in a hospital... I was an employee or something... and she was there... " I trailed off.

"I am not sure of what I just saw. A dream, a vision, or..." I was about to say something when Angela interrupted me.

"A memory, it was something lost in the dust of time. You recalled it and it came back. And this was just one of them, just a page of a book of some precious memories, which were scattered here and there." She said. It all sounded a little scary to me. I mean what she's saying is giving the impression that Katty and I know each other since a long time. But that's just simply impossible! How can I just forget everything?

"You mean Katty and I have forgotten something?" I asked her completely puzzled.

"Just you." She replied.

"Try to remember all that you can, as soon as possible." She added and once again she was vanished with the air. She has to stop doing this. What is it that's been missing? She said that what I just recalled was mere a small part of the picture. I wonder what the whole scene is about. What I just saw included Katty, then why she said "just you"? Does Katty remember what happened? But if she knew she would have told me. Even she met me for the 1st time in the school for sure. On the other hand there is something, I feel it every time I am with her. With that thought steaming in my head I finally decided to have some sleep before my mind explodes into pieces