04

Farren stood up, bringing his empty dinner plate over to the dishwasher, nothing but a few crumbs remaining from the chocolate cake Grace and Jenny had brought back from their friend's house.

The four of them sat around the kitchen table, having a quick treat before heading up to bed. Rowan was staying at a friend's house that night, something about some dance competition tomorrow.

"Farren, did you change your sheets?" Jenny asked him suddenly, pulling him out of his train of thought.

"No. Should I?" He asked uncertainty. What? It's not his fault he didn't know this sort of stuff.

Well maybe it was, but whatever.

"Yes Farren, of course you should." Grace interjected, scrunching her nose up in disgust. "You hardly expect Kaden to sleep on those sheets, God knows who's been in them."

Farren dropped his jaw in shock. Sputtering in embarrassment, he looked up to find Kaden laughing at him in amusement. That prick.

"Grace, seriously?" He asked once he regained his composure. "Who do you think I am?"

She just gave him a knowing look in reply, which only succeeded in making Kaden laugh even harder, clearly enjoying his embarrassment. "Really Farren?" Grace began, "you don't think I know what boys your age are like? I was young once too, you know" She said with a laugh, sending Kaden a smirk as she too was also enjoying Farren's discomfort.

"Grace," he protested in embarrassment, giving her an annoyed look. "You make it sound like I'm running some sort of brothel. Besides I rarely ever have girls over anyways."

"As long as you use protection." This time it was Jenny who spoke, earning her a laugh from the others at the table.

God, everyone seemed borderline gleeful about his apparent embarrassment. If he was red before he was now practically scarlet.

Kaden snorted at Farren, clearly noticing the other boy's red cheeks.. "Didn't I hear a little rumour that you were.. having fun with one Julianna Cassidy?" He smirked.

That fucking bastard.

Farren glared at Kaden. Farren knew that Kaden knew full well what he was doing, trying to get him in trouble.

"Julianna Cassidy?" Asked Jenny, "as in Liz's Julianna?"

Farren gave up trying to deny things. "Yes that Julianna." He said awkwardly.

"What a stunning young girl! I work with her mother, nice woman. Why don't you invite her over for dinner sometime?" said Jenny, while Grace murmured in agreement.

Kaden turned to Farren with a smirk. "Yeah Farren, why don't you invite her over to dinner sometime?"

Farren gave Kaden a death glare. He knew that Kaden knew him and Julianna weren't serious. Everyone knew Julianna Cassidy didn't do relationships, and neither did Farren. In fact, Farren was pretty sure he heard somewhere that Julianna and Kaden had hooked up in the past.

"Can we please change the subject?" He asked irritably

The other three people at the table just snickered at his discomfort.

***

A couple of hours later Farren entered his room with Kaden close behind him.

He busied himself changing a sheets while Kaden didn't bother help, instead throwing himself on the desk chair and resting his eyes. Farren turned around to faced Kaden. "How many pillows?" He asked.

"Two is fine." Replied Kaden

Farren set up the other end of the bed for the two boys to top and tail, while Kaden made his way into the bathroom with his bag to change.