chapter 9: Mr.Rich

(Masaomi)

((Just introduced and already getting his own chapter))

“Hold That Elevator!” I called out as I ran to catch the doors before they closed, luckily the short guy on the other side stuck his hand out just as I was going to give up . “Thank you” I said but I doubt he heard me, as he appeared to be deep in thought about something.

I Scanned the stranger beside me, seeing his scruffy blonde hair with black tips stuffed inside a designer beanie, he wore what were obviously expensive sunglasses and his clothes just screamed money. Then after scanning over the guy I moved to press the elevator button only to see the 5th floor button already glowing. 'Hmm, Mr. Rich lives o the same floor as Aki, huh' I thought as I gave the guy another look aver.

Once on the 5th floor both I and Mr. Rich exited the elevator. I noticed him look at me for a moment but I ignored him and pulled out my phone to re-read a text that Aki had sent me I live on the 5th floor, room 6D. It read.

After reading the text I began looking from door to door until I saw it, a platinum 6D hanging from a pristine white door and lets not forget Mr. Rich standing right in front of it 'Okay that’s the apartment' I thought as I approached the smaller male 'So this must be the guy Aki was bragging about.'

Four weeks ago when I first reconnected with Aki I though maybe this is a sign maybe this means we'll get back together. My hopes were high, that is until oe single sentence from that mans lips broke my heart for a second time. The first was when Aki dumped me and moved to Tokyo, and the second was when he started to tell me about how he had met his true and only love. Ruki, the lead vocalist for his band, and now this true love of his that I hated so much was standing in front of me. Instead of scowling like I wanted I just smiled when he looked up at me through his sunglasses.

“Um..Hi...Is Akira Home?” I asked as I shifted my weight thinking it would somehow soften the growing awkward atmosphere. “No, He's not” A surprisingly deep voice answered, I actually had to turn my head see if someone else was on the floor was on the floor. When I saw No one I realized the deep voice was Mr. Rich’s, and yea I know the guys name, that doesn't mean I have to use it.

“do you know when he'll be back I asked as Mr. Rich pulled up his sleeves slightly a little and began to unlock his door “Fraid not” he answered again with a deep voice. “well” I continued as he started to open his door “Do you know where he is? Can I go meet him?”

“I don't think that’s a good idea” Mr. Rich said as he took a step inside “Why not?” I pleaded desperate to see Aki's warm smile. “I mean it's been four weeks , he hasn’t been returning my phone calls or my texts and I really want to see him. Can you please tell me where he is” I asked again. “If you must know he's in the hospital” He said over his shoulder, his deep voice cracking slightly. Sounding almost as if he was going to cry. Meanwhile I was frozen from the shock and before I even got the chance to ask anything else Mr. Rich started to close the door though I did manage to get out a quick “Wait” Before I got a face full of door.