Chapter 4: Memories of us; gone

(Ruki's P.O.V)

((Another  very very short one , the next one will be longer I promise.))

After hearing Kai's news my heart nearly sprung from my chest. I felt a joy I hadn't experienced in the last two weeks and with every step I got closer to Reita my joy grew. Now in the hospital elevator I bounced from foot to foot happily, while Kai stood next to me humming silly god disco as he wore his usual wide bright smile.

Finally after what felt like an eternal elevator ride the doors opened and we saw Uruha and Aoi talking by coffee and tea station that was set up in the waiting area. Kai called out to them happily and the looked over, but their expressions weren't nearly as happy as ours.

We quickly rushed over and asked what was wrong as we immediately assumed the worst. “ It's not Reita is it, he's okay right” Kai asked and Uruha gave a nod “Reita's fine” He said as he looked over at Aoi. “ But” Aoi added “ Something is wrong with his memory”. I now looking at Aoi with anticipation on my face asked “What .. what is it”

“well” Uruha started,drawing my attention away from Aoi and to him “He can remember most almost everything , our names , the band , how to play the bass.. but” He paused and and the fear inside me grew and with one sentence my heart shattered “ He doesn't remember you and He ever dated , he doesn't even seem to remember you are in any kind of romantic relationship”