The Comforting

Kayleigh Hecox's POV

It's been about 3 minutes since Noah left, and I was crying even more. Every time I tried to stop crying, I just kept on thinking about Fawn. What had I done?

"Kay!" Shayne said running over to me. I didn't move from my ball.

"Shayne!" I cried out. He finally got to me and put my head in his lap. Shayne put his arm around me, with the one rubbing my arm.

"What happened?" He asked in a soft voice. My crying softened as I tried to talk.

"Fawn - she left!" I cried, hiccuping at the end. Shayne kissed my head.

"It's okay Kay, you two can still talk," he told me. I frowned and sat up.

"We can't!" I cried out. "She called me a clingy freak! I told her that it was hell being friends with her! We can never talk again!" Shayne pulled me into a hug.

"If she called you a clingy freak, then she doesn't deserve to be your friend," Shayne told me. "You don't say that to a friend." I sniffled and nodded.

"But I am a clingy freak," I said, being the devil's advocate.

"That doesn't mean she should call you a clingy freak!" He said.

"You're right," I whispered.

"You're better off without her," Shayne whispered in my ear. "Now come on, we have to get ready to film the relay!" He told me, starting to stand up.

"Shayne?" I said in a soft voice.

"Yes?"

"Can we just, stay here, for a minute?" I asked in a whispered. He nodded, giving me a hug. We just sat there, rocking back and forth. Shayne was rubbing my back. I looked up at him and kissed him on the lips. He pulled away after a bit. "Thank you!" I said quietly. He smiled at me. I'm so glad that I have Shayne.