Werewolf Handbook

SKIP TO CHAPTER ONE BUT COME BACK IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MY WEREWOLF WORLD.

This is optional to read, it's just information on my interpretation of the werewolf world - facts etc. So if you don't want to read it that's fine, you can proceed to chapter 1, it's completely up to you! But if you have questions about the werewolf world then come here first and see if that answers it. THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION ONLY. IT IS NOT A RULEBOOK ON HOW EVERYTHING SHOULD GO.
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Fur colour:
Now I know in most werewolf books there's the whole "white wolf is the most powerful wolf" thing, but I don't do that. Yes, the white wolf is rare, but it is no more powerful than a common brown wolf, purely because in my werewolf world, fur colour is the same as the human's natural hair colour. So, therefore, a white wolf is less common because naturally white hair is a very rare thing to have, but it is not anymore powerful than the other wolves.

Eye colour of the wolf:
The eye colour of my wolves is a very dark brown (almost black) for anyone of positions beta and lower, but for the alpha males and females (this includes Luna, which I will explain the difference later on) it is gold. The alphas and Lunas are the only ones who have different coloured eyes.

Size of the wolf:
The size of the wolf is determined again by the rank of the wolf. When a child is born into an alpha or beta family, their wolf will be naturally larger than the others. However, if they are the second child onwards, their wolf will be a little smaller than that of the first child. This goes for the mates of alpha males and alpha females. Say, for example, a child was born into a family of omegas but was actually the destined mate of an alpha, their wolf would be larger than the rest of their family. The wolf does not change size when meeting their powerful mate; they are born the size that they a destined to be. Of course, this is relative to their age, as wolves grow the older they get until they reach the age at which they stop. So the size of the wolf is relative to those of around the same age.

Rogues:
Wolves can be made rogue for a number of reasons:

1. They choose to leave. This could be because their mate has already been deemed a rogue, or simply because they don't like pack life. Either way these rogues are usually not a threat.
2. They challenge an alpha or beta for a position and lose. The losing opponent of this challenge is deemed a rogue.
3. They commit a treason. There are no death sentences in regular packs, but there also no laws against it, so naturally some packs will implement the death sentence, even though the elders may disagree.

Rogues are generally not treated with hatred, and if they trespass on someone else's land, in most cases they will simply be questioned on the spot as to why they are there, if they show any suspicious signs then they are taken into holding cells to be questioned by the seer.

Omegas:
Omegas are not treated like slaves in most packs, it is simply a title. If you are weaker than the rest of your pack you are deemed an omega. They still go to training and they still cook meals, but in a normal pack everyone in it takes turns cooking or cleaning for the rest of the pack, it is their gratitude to the alpha and beta for keeping them safe and giving them a place to live.

Difference between Alpha female and Luna:
THIS ONE IS A BIG ONE. I find the Luna NOT to be a suppressive term, rather a term for someone who is an alpha's mate. The most important thing I think for this aspect is that a Luna can be a male or a female. I interpret alpha female to be someone who a) is first born of an alpha family, or b) has challenged a previous alpha and won. Alpha females are rightfully the primary leader of the pack and in charge of war, finances etc. Lunas however are the mates of an alpha male or alpha female. Malia in this story is a Luna because she is the mate of an alpha. However if Malia had been first born, she would have been an alpha female because she comes from a family of alphas.

I call the primary leader of a pack alpha male or alpha female, or just alphas for short. Just as a Luna can be either a male or a female, so can an alpha, it all depends on birthrights or challenges.

Elders:
Elders are a council made up of past alphas and Lunas. Generally speaking, alphas and Lunas live slightly longer than the average werewolf, and the normal age for the next alpha to take over is 25, so naturally, the elders are wiser than regular wolves because they have seen things in their time as leaders that can be used to help other packs. There are elders at every pack - the previous alpha and Luna - to help with the smaller things, however a meeting can be called if they require a bigger issue solved. However, every eclipse they elders are brought together to discuss the happenings of the werewolf world.

Mates:
Mates are a werewolf's soul mate, the person they are destined to be with. However, you can reject your mate if you wish, although it is extremely rare. Contrary to popular thinking however, you can't smell your mate's prominent scent until you a) make eye contact with them, or b) touch them.

Shifting:
Werewolves are not just shape shifters. Yes, they have the ability to shift whenever they want, but on a full moon, every single werewolf will be forced to shift. The higher the rank you are, however, the more control you have over your wolf. Yes, you'll still shift without meaning to on a full moon, but you'll have more control over your actions than a regular wolf. You can change back into your human form temporarily before you are forced to shift back again. This is so the alpha can watch over the pack and defend them if a rogue wolf (and here I don't mean people without a pack I mean very out of control people) attempts to attack them. Extreme anger can also force a werewolf to shift.

Humans:
There are no humans. Because of the aforementioned aspect of werewolves, some humans were killed because of a loss of control, others died out naturally and some died because their mates had attempted to change them. You can't change a human because lycanthropy is too powerful for their bodies to cope with. However it is rumoured that there is a small tribe of humans somewhere, no one really knows.

Seers:
Every pack has a seer. They are useful for communication with the Moon goddess, however only the extremely powerful seers can do this. Otherwise they are used to question rogues if they trespass (non violent) because, if they want, they can read other's minds, though they prefer to not do it because they feel it's a violation of privacy. They are also able to communicate with anyone, anywhere, as long as they have been in contact with the person before.

Challenging Alphas/Betas:
You can challenge an alpha or beta for their position. To do this, an official document is to be signed by both detailing that the loser is to be deemed a rogue. It is not a fight to the death, rather a fight to submission. Whoever is the first to submit loses. Although, if you are particularly stubborn, then you might not want to submit, and could be killed. Elders give permission to kill the other, but only if they won't submit. If you are challenged you cannot refuse, however you have the right to choose when and where the challenge takes place.

⭐️⭐️⭐️
If you guys have any other questions of things you would like me to address then let me know and I'll add it in. 😁

Remember that this is only my interpretation of the werewolf world and the things I will stick to throughout this book. I am not saying that the things that I think are right and that everyone else is wrong I am saying that this is my interpretation of the MYTHICAL world. Thanks 🙂