Chapter 2 : Friends, Love. War, Hate.

Another months goes by, Akido was still a teen his father and mother was getting old, a few months or days, they will past away. His father says that he will pass his job to his own son. Akido refused, his job as an alpha is not suit for him. He explain to him that an alpha pair is the highest rank of all, you had to earn that title by a tournament. “If you win the fight you are the new alpha, if you are defeated your chance of being an alpha is gone. All I am saying is that this wound prevent me to be the next alpha, the rank is the highest and more responsibility; protect all the members, and to be the strongest. I can’t do all that, I’m sorry father but I can’t be the next alpha.” Akido said. His father agreed not to give him that rank and that somebody had to earn it sooner or later.

Akido’s wound was getting better and better, but then Scar was still angry of what happened a long time ago, he attack him again. Akido panicked and howled with pain. Levi heard the howl and recognized that it is Akido’s. He ran as fast as he could to help. While he was there, Akido was wounded blood all over the ground and he could not even budge his legs to get up. Levi became angry and attack Scar; scratching and biting, Scar was later in the same condition as Akido, wounded and sore. Scar was not alone, he brought company. It seems that Scar is a traitor of Akido’s pack, his friends attacked Levi leaving him out numbered. Akido opened his eyes and was shocked that his friend was there getting beaten up. Levi howls more and more, he stops and just lay at the ground running out of blood. The rest of Akido’s pack arrived and stopped Scar’s friend, they all ran. The rest of the pack looked at Akido then to Levi. Akido got up and tries his best to get close to him.

“I tried.” Levi said. “I’m sorry. But you can’t just count on me to help you. The rest will try their best to protect you.” He looked at every one. They all nodded. “I’m sorry”

“It’s not your fault. I’m the one that is supposed to be responsible. I just wish that I didn’t have this wound. I just wish I wasn’t weak. I just…” Levi shook his head and told him to stop.

“Don’t blame yourself. Love yourself…past is the past. You just need to face the present and plan the future…” Levi said. Akido cannot stand to see his friend to just disappear. A drop of water plopped on Akido’s nose, the clouds darken. The tears of the clouds drops more and more then spread to the rest of the woods. Akido nods. “That question I told you before...did you get it?”Akido shook his head. “Think about it ok?” His voice became weak. His eyes became dark as he closes his eyes. Akido starts to feel the same as the clouds, tears rolls down his face. The rest of the pack howls beautiful and sorrowful. Later, the packs walks away and tell Akido to come home anytime. One of the member said that he needs time to cheer up, Levi is his only friend that cares deeply for him. Time passes by, Akido stops his whimpering and smiles. “Past is the past…plan the future” Akido remember what he said.

“We will never forget you…rest in peace” Akido said as he watches Levi sinking down the mud.

The next day until the next, Akido did not say a word after Levi’s death. Today, Akido is standing at a rock his neck straight looking up at the sky as the sunlight hit his body. Wind blows to his fur, everyone watches him in every move that nature touches him. Akido pose was just like a perfect alpha. As everyone knew, his father and mother is deceased and he is the new alpha. The wound after the fight healed but the scar was still marked on his back. He is going to pay, Akido thought.

“Ummm…A-Akido?” a wolf tries to get attention.

Akido turns around and look “Oh, it’s you Mirai.” he jump off the rock. “Something you want to talk about?” he ask. Mirai is a female golden retriever mixed breed; she is kind, and beautiful. She has beautiful pair of jade color eyes that twinkles like stars, golden fur that glimmers every time the sunlight touches and wind blows, and a beautiful smile that always melt Akido’s heart. She is also was owned by a human, the human treats her as garbage, abusing her when she was a pup. Later on, the human threw her outside covered with bloods and bruises in the rain. Akido’s father found her when he was strolling to a nearby neighborhood. She still have the black collar around her neck.

“Are you sure about this…the fight” Mirai ask. “Your scar pre-” Akido just look at her then looks away.

“We must try to win. This scar will not stop me.” he said. You will pay for this Scar! Akido thought. Everyone looked behind Akido. He looked, “Reaf...” Reaf is Levi’s older brother an alpha of Levi’s pack. He has fur as white as snow and shimmering golden eyes, he is bigger than any other wolf in Akido’s pack, muscular and wise like Levi. “You heard the news didn’t you?” Reaf nodded.

“I can’t believe they would do such thing to my dear brother. My pack will help you, and you also have the scar…I’ll watch your back. Just howl if you’re hurting, I’ll kill them all.” You can see flame inside his eyes burning rapidly in anger. Akido feels the same way but much more calmly.

“Five days left until the fight. Scar made the deal; if my pack loses, this pack will be his and that I’ll be eliminated. If we win, the rest of us will have a reconciliation with every pack. In another words, rivals to allies.” Akido said.

“That’s fair but, being with Scar’s pack and you getting eliminated…that just won’t work for us. I will not be a member of a traitor’s pack.” One of Akido’s member argued.

“Then what then? Any suggestions?” Akido ask. Everyone became silent. No answer… “Then that settles it then. Five days until the fight, win or not. You guys are more important to me. I’ll win this fight even if it cost my life. I don’t want to see another one dies beside me. We’ll win!” Akido said and howls to convince the others to join his cheer. Everyone did, howling and cheering happily. Mirai was there walking away depressed. Akido saw her and follows her to the woods. “Hey…what’s wrong?” Akido ask.

“It’s just…are you sure you can fight. You’re scar…” Mirai starts to cry. “You’ll die in the battle, you will! You have to stay here! I…I…” Akido looks down to the ground. Clouds darken and starts to rain.

“I see. You care about me don’t you…I’m sorry but, without an alpha in the fight, how can I know your fine? I care deeply for you don’t you know? Have you ever notice it... ‘I…’ what?” he said and ask to finish her sentence. Mirai looks away and shook her head, she couldn’t finish. Akido walks closer to her and starts to hug her. “Just a question…will you be my alpha? Please tell me the answer after the fight.” Akido ran back home. Mirai was shock to hear what he just said and tries to keep up to him but he vanish in the mist too fast…she hurriedly ran home. Akido was not in sight. The moon rises and stars glimmers in Mirai’s eyes. A howl was in the distance just nearby in the woods. Mirai got up and went finding the beautiful howl. Soon, she saw the wolf that howled. Gray fur…Levi? The wolf turns around. Navy eyes glows in the dark. Mirai got scared and tries to run away.

“Stop.” A familiar voice orders. She stops immediately scared and didn’t know what to do. “You don’t have to be scared. It’s me Akido.” Mirai felt relief.

“I thought you were Levi” Mirai said.

Akido was confused, “How can you mess up with Levi and I? He looks totally different than me.” Mirai looks down, she never knew. “Levi is bigger than me and a bit smaller than Reaf, Levi fur is darker than mine and his eyes are black and mine is blue. He is twice as stronger as Scar than as strong as my father. And he is d-…” he could not finish his last word. “What are you here? Shouldn’t you be sleeping like the others?”

“I can’t sleep and I want to ask you the same…” Mirai said.

“Visiting Levi…” Akido answered. Akido was looking at the hard ground. “This is the place we got beaten up and the exact spot where Scar and the others killed him.” Mirai looks at him and notice that Akido howled because he was lonely.

“Come on. I guess Levi wants you to go get some rest and visit him some other time. And get ready for the fight.” Mirai said. Akido looks at her blankly.

 Akido would say no but the smile of Mirai…How could you say no to that smile! Akido thought. “Alright, alright…” the two walks slowly to home. Akido yawns and wanted to get some sleep right away.