Chapter 1 : Scar of Hope

In a bright sunny day, the winds blows, the flowers starts to bloom, the sun came up, birds singing and animals swim and graze; what a beautiful sight. Let’s go deep in the woods…oh look over there; trees? No, no, look closely its moving its no tree, see, a buck with his doe and its fawn walking around happily…now look at the lake over there, yes, a flock of birds hunting fishes to eat. Turn around a look over there coming out of its den, red body, white tipped tail, four brown feet, big ears, bushy tail, white belly; a red fox. Now we are really off topic…lets go to that cave over there were the real story starts…

-------------------------

            “Dad! Wake up! Dad! It’s morning wake up!” a very happy pup says to the wolf that looks like an alpha pair, yanking his father’s ears causing him to wake up. His father open his eyes slightly, he got up and stretched opening his mouth wide, yawning. Other member of its pack open their eyes and did the same. The whole pack went out of the cave and starts to stand still enjoying the breeze, other pups starts to play around laughing, enjoying as free as ever. The alpha pair’s pup was there hiding under the alpha’s legs.

            The alpha pair sighed, “You should get along with everyone. Come on now, go play fight with every one, go on.” The father gave him a smile. The pup went and did what its father says.

            “Hey Akido! You finally stood up. Want to join?” one of the pup said. Akido nodded and went on. He was there surrounded, one of the pup leaped to him biting Akido’s back. Sometimes play fights can be very dangerous, Akido was yelping loudly full of pain. His father was watching the whole fight, he hurriedly ran and telling everyone to move away from his child. Akido’s back was wounded, blood spreads and Akido just could not stop whining.

            Months goes by Akido is now a teen. On his back; is the scar he got since he was a pup, it did not heal properly and that he will have that mark for his whole life. The scar prevent him to fight causing him to be the weakest of his own pack. His father was very cautious of him, he watches him in every steps. One of the member of the pack named Scar came and tackled Akido. Akido feels pain on his back.

            “A-woooo!! Get off me!! Get the heck off!! Off!!! A-wooooo!!!” Akido howls louder and louder. Scar gets off of him, Scar is a brown wolf with a scar on his right eye, black tipped ears with a small cut on his left ear, he looks dangerous and tough, muscular too, and he is also the one who attack Akido before. Scar’s father was killed by a human when he was young. Akido’s father attack the human that killed Scar’s father. And so, Scar joins the pack.

Scar laugh, “sorry, I forgot.” Akido became angry knowing that he, himself is the weakest, Akido just stare and walks away. Akido’s father seems to get off guard and didn’t see what had happened. Later on, Akido’s wound became painful more and more. He lay near his dad and mother, hiding his pain and trying to rest. Five hours later, Akido’s father woke him up telling him to eat. He struggled to stand but nothing would do. Akido whines telling his father that he could not stand and that his wound is getting worse and worse. His father notice that he was beaten in a fight. He became angry and ask Akido who attack him. Akido shook his head telling his father that anger can only make a problem worse. His father understood what his son meant to say.

Days goes by, Akido’s wound was getting a little bit better. He was still the weakest. He went outside and tries to just run around the woods to get his mind flowing. His father notice that his son was awake, he told him not to leave alone. Akido nods and ask his only friend, Levi. Levi and a male wolf, he is kind and the most loyal of the pack. He is also the second strongest of the pack but he cannot win by a group. He is actually in his brother’s pack but he visits Akido’s pack some other days. He have grey fur black tipped tail and ears, grey to black down his legs, he also have black eyes. Levi woke up and agreed. they ran around the woods and started to play fight, Levi knows about his wound and play softly to prevent his dear friend getting hurt. They then play who is the fastest. Akido won that race, Akido always loves to run. Every morning, he would wake up and run to get his mind flowing and get rid of memories that he do not want to remember. Akido may be the weakest but he is the fastest runner on his own pack. Scar was watching the two the whole time he then starts to leap and tries to attack Akido. He failed, Levi jumped and bit Scar at the side. Akido was surprised, he watched the two fighting each other. Levi was too angry, biting and scratching Scar. Scar whines telling him to stop. Levi lets go of him and stares angrily to Scar’s eyes. His mouth was opened and you can see his sharp canines, his body stands diagonal, his tail and ears stood straight up. That is how you can tell a wolf is angry. Scar was there scared, sitting, looking away, head and ears down, and tail hidden under his body.

“Stay away from him!” Levi snarls. Scar nods and ran away. Akido was grateful for him. He was glad that he was there for him. Levi ask to run around to get rid of what was happening…later on Levi was quiet the whole time. Akido watched him quietly not to disturb him…but he got bored and leaped to Levi’s back. Levi jumped the rolled over to get Akido off of him. He look at Akido with both shock and fear. “Y-you scared me. D-don’t do that again…” his jaw was chattering nonstop. Akido looked at him and starts to roll on the ground laughing. Levi stopped feeling scared he smiled and starts to tackle Akido…softly. Akido keeps on laughing, while Levi just stands above Akido. Akido stopped while he lays on the ground between Levi fore and hind legs. “Hey Akido...why do we fight? why does war exist?” Akido looks at Levi then shook his head. “don't know huh? guess no one will never know.”

“I’ll think about it. Now let’s go home. If we go farther, we’ll never go home but get lost in the woods.” Akido said. Levi agreed, the two disappear to the humid air while going home.