Chapter Thirty One

-Athena's POV-

"Are you sure we don't need what's inside?" I inspected the boat, taking note of every cargo crate that it held. This was a direct shipment that Black Mask had seen delivery on himself. His ex-wife had assured us of that when we held her out the window. There could be a lot of very important things in there.

Jason shook his head, placing his arm on my shoulder so he could lean out further over the edge of the building. "No. The shipments are just useless building supplies. It's important to Blackie but not to anyone else. If we steal it, we'll just have a bunch of dry wall," Jason smirked, turning his gaze to me, "unless you need dry wall."

I shook my head, biting my lip. My eyes quickly ran to his lips. I immediately averted my gaze once I realized where it had shifted. A blush stubbornly crept to my cheeks. Jason continued to look a me. His smirk grew and I knew he had seen my blush. He turned back towards the boat.

"So, um..." I cleared my throat, "how are we going to get rid of this thing?"

"Oh that's the easy part," Jason replied, pulling out a bazooka that I hadn't even noticed. It was loaded. I smiled, obsessed with the power that it held. I had always loved using shoulder mounted weapons. Especially Rocket Launchers. They could really cause some damage. I loved it.

Jason say me staring. He gently lifted it off his shoulder. Thrusting it toward me, he said, "Wanna do the honors?" I took it out of his hands like it was a newborn baby. My fingers caressed it.

I put it on my shoulder, loving the heaviness of it. Aiming it towards the boat, I took a deep breath. "Fuck you, Mask!" I exclaimed, firing a missile straight towards the boat. It went up like a firework. Pieces of boat and cargo splintered, littering the water.

The fire contrasted against the night sky. It reflected in Jason and I's eyes. The brightness of the flames was nothing compared to the shine that was in my irises. The rush that came with blowing something up was unlike any other.

When I turned my head, I noticed Jason had been watching me. He quickly turned his head, pretending to be looking off into the distance. I mentally made a note to ask him about it later.

Fire engines and police started to show up. Jason grabbed my arm, gesturing that we had to leave. I agreed and off we went.

I followed behind Jason without knowing where we were going. He had received a call and insisted that we go talk to the person on the other line. So, we were aimlessly flying through the city. When we came upon a familiar skyscraper, I knew what was happening.

Jason kicked open a window, scaring Black Mask out of his office chair and onto the floor. I giggled and came in after. Black Mask's guards flooded in. They pointed their guns at us, draining the smile from my face. I pulled out my katanas. Jason didn't reach for his guns, to my surprise.

Black Mask hesitated. But, as he locked eyes with Jason, he gestured for his guards to leave. Jason nodded his approval. However, I still kept my weapons armed and ready. Black Mask glared at me then at Jason. Jason just shrugged.

"Alright, Mr. Mask, you wanted to talk. Here I am," Jason said. He took a seat at Black Mask's desk, mockingly locking his fingers out in front of him. Mask sneered. The fact that he didn't have skin on his face made him look even angrier.

"Well, you're a gigantic pain in my ass and--"

"If you want to negotiate, I have a strict no insult policy," Red Hood interrupted.

"Yeah, jackass," I grinned, making Black Mask glare even harder. Jason tossed a smirk at me over his shoulder, chuckling lightly.

He returned back to his serious, dead panned face. "Anyway, what are your terms?"