Chapter 15

Finn stormed off. He slammed the door lously. Luna gave us an apologetic look and ran after him. Sky hissed something and walked away to the garden.

Demitri was sitting on the ground. I sighed and sat next to him.

"So..." he began.

"So..." I said awkwardly.

"We should make the dreamcatcher." I pointed to the branches on the floor.

"Yeah." he sighed, but gave in.

"Eh... Do you know how to weave?" I asked.

"Kinda." he shrugged.

I sighed in relief. I hated things that involved 'making pretty patterns' with only a few strokes. One time I wanted to knit a sweater for my mom, well it turned out horrible and I had to buy a last-minute present for her. With horror I eyed the page where the instructions were given and pushed to book towards Demitri.

He glared at me, which I returned with an innocent smile.

"You know weaving with wood is much harder." he said as he studied the page.

"Birds can do it, so I'm sure you can do it as well." I beamed.

"I don't think comparing me to a bird is a compliment..." he muttered as he collected the branches.

"Can't you bend them or something? Most of them are straight. We have to make a circle"

"How?" Why couldn't he bend them?

"Your powers." he gave me a duh-look.

"Oh. Right." I blushed.

I focused on the branches, afraid that I would snap them. Nothing happened. I sighed in frustration.

"Do not fear." I heard Demitri's voice.

Slowly it bend forwards. I did this with the branches and gave Demitri an assuring smile. Demitri collected them and made a circle shape of them. He tied then together with some bee wax. And tied some algae around it.

"That stuff sure smells bad." he said disgusted.

I chuckled. He didn't like the water element at all.

We finished the circle, now we had to weave the inner part.

"The dead branches are too big." he said as he picked one up.

"That tree was big." I mumbled.

"We can pick the smaller branches of the branches." he pointed out.

"Right." I smiled.

"I'll cut them. Can you polish them afterwards?" he examined the branches.

"Why do we have to polish them?" I asked.

"Smooth surfaces are better to work with." he muttered as he took a pocket knife from his pocket.

We worked in silence, it wasn't awkward. I often glanced at Demitri and noticed a scar above his eye. It made him appear tougher.

"How'd you get that scar?" maybe I was too straight forward. But curiousity wasn't a sin.

"Dunno. I guess in a fight." he shrugged.

I opened my mouth to say something.

"It's finished." he said abruptly. The dreamcatcher looked really pretty, although it wasn't decorated yet. The weave pattern was a pentagon.

"Does it work already?" I wondered aloud.

"Nope, because I'm still here." he laughed cheekily.

"Maybe it already sucked your evil powers away." I joked.

Suddenly the ground shaked. Earthquake, I immediately thought.

"It's an earthquake! We have to get out of here!" I yelled above the noise. The photos on the wall were shaking. The teacups made clattering noises.

Demitri cussed. A painting fell on the ground. At that moment Sky came in, panic on his face.

"Elurra!" he yelled as he hurried across the room, dodging falling objects.

"Demitri! Let's go!" I shook his arm, but he stood still. There was fear in his eyes.

"Go. Take her with you. Leave all your belongings here, but take the book and the dream catcher. I'll delay them." Demitri said fast. I didn't understand him. How could he delay an earthquake?

"Go!" he yelled. The ground was shaking harder. Sky pulled me. I didn't resist, but kept looking back.

There was a loud crash and the ceiling collapsed.

I screamed.

Two figures appeared from the places where the ceiling collapsed. I couldn't make up their faces, they were wearig long black cloaks with hoods. But I saw their red eyes. Each of them took Demitri by his arm.

Sky pulled me towards Snow, but it was too late. One of the hooded figures spotted me and launched himself towards me. His cloak hoovered above the ground and he didn't have any feet. He flew through the back door. Glass was everywhere. I protected my eyes with my arm, feeling the glass splinters cut into my atm. Ignoring the pain, I launched the air around me with all my might towards him. He was blown away, but would soon recover. The other one was still watching Demitri. His long shallow fingernails dugging in his skin. With his other hand he pointed towards me. Demitri didn't flinch. He looked at me. There was no sign of weakness in his eyes. Then Snow set off into the darkness. At that time a bright light was fired at Snow. She sped up. I looked back until everything became a blur.

A/N

Oops... Forgot to tell you I was going to England with school for a week.

Well it was amazing and it inspired me.

Sorry that it took so long :(