Chapter 3

We were heading towards the palace.

"Sky? Why's the sky suddenly so dark?" I pointed out the dark clouds.

Sky cussed.

"We have to get down. Now." he was serious.

"Why?" I asked, not sure.

"The nightmares. They'll strike us out." he looked at the dark clouds.

"Are those... Nightmares?" I looked up. The dark clouds were moving fast. Oneira suddenly looked dark.

"Yeah and if we aren't fast enough we'll get hit by lightning. Hold on tight." he dove.

"Weren't we supposed to go to the palace?" I looked back as the lightning hit. You could hear a cry. Probably because the Nightmare missed us. And then it began to rain.

"Mhm." was his answer.

Sky took out his bracelet, the same star shape, but it shone blueish.

"Luna and Finn come to the forest. Emergency." he spoke in the bracelet.

"Sky? Did you see those clouds? You aren't flying aren't you?" a worried voice came out of the bracelet.

"Yeah if heading in the water is safe when there's lightning." sky said sarcastic.

"Dude, what's going on? Why aren't we meeting at the usual place?" another voice asked.

"It's not safe anymore. They saw her." Sky said.

"Hold on tight Elurra. And close your eyes." Sky said.

I didn't dare to grab his wings, afraid I would hurt him. Slowly I closed my eyes.

Then like a rollercoaster we sped down towards the forest. I could feel his two feet landing on the ground. I opened my eyes.

We were in an open spot in the forest. It was peaceful, different kind of flowers were blooming and you could hear a waterfall nearby.

"That took you long." a boy came out of the forest. His eyes were green with hazel brown spots. His brown hair was covered in dirt.

"I got almost striked by lightning." Sky pointed towards the dark clouds.

"Who's that?" the boy pointed to me.

Sky didn't answer him, instead of that he grabbed my wrist and showed the bracelet.

"It has been a long time Elurra." he grinned.

"Finn. Remember? I shared my cookies with you." he smiled.

I smiled back, not sure.

Suddenly the wind was blowing. It was strong, making the leaves from the trees crack.

I looked at the direction where the wind came from. A small tornado came towards us.

I gasped, would it be the Nightmares again? I thought.

But then the tornado disappeared and a girl appeared.

"Sorry that it took long. Got chased by some Nightmares." she shook her hair.

"So the reason I called you is because we found Elurra." Sky plumped down.

I sat down on the wet grass as Sky drew a pentagon on a spot where no grass grew.

The others placed their bracelet on each of the sides of the pentagon. I noticed that all the bracelets were made from different stones. I did the same.

"We're almost complete." the girl looked at Sky. There was hope in her eyes.

"But they still got him Luna. We're the strongest if we're complete." Sky looked at the empty side of the pentagon.

"He knows it. He was waiting for Elurra. He knows our secret. That's why the palace is taken over." Sky looked at me.

"The Poem says something different. Because when The Light comes no more tears will be shed. We don't need him. She's The Light." Finn said.

"Finn, we aren't sure if she's The Light. We must speak to the elders." Luna looked at me.

"Impossible. They've taken it over. I saw it with my own eyes." Sky bit on his lip.

"Who's the missing guy?" I interrupted.

"Demitri." Luna said.

"But he's a nightmare..." I looked at Sky.

"He used to be one of us. But they failed to save him unlike you." Sky's voice sounded bitter.

"Me?"

"Yeah. You, Elurra used to be a Nightmare."