Chapter 7

A/N

Finally here it is!

I apologize... I've been too busy with school, friends and tennis.

The weather was really nice these past days.

And it's still today, so I'm going to play tennis in an hour :D

Okay, enjoy the chapter! Sorry for my rambling! Haha.

xwinkk

"Sup Ellie?" he said. His voice sounded familair. I looked at those eyes, they were darker than I remembered. His hair was a mess.

"Demi!" I smiled. Glad that it helped, although calling out his name seemed stupid. It was good to see him without Sky. It would only cause a fight.

"You needed me?" he grinned.

"Yeah..." I tried to search my words carefully. I looked at my feet. My shoes were dirty, covered in mud.

"Will you ever come back?" I looked up, hopeful. But I knew it wouldn't be so easy.

"That was a question I wanted to ask you." his eyes pierced through mine. I couldn't look away.

"I won't come back." I said determined, still caught in his glance.

"My mom didn't sacrifice her life for nothing you know. Nor did my dad."

He slowly came closer. The tree branches under his feet cracked.

"My parents are dead too you know." he whispered in my ear. It made me shiver. The way his voice was cold, empty. Is this what made you a Nightmare? The emptiness that filled your soul, becoming heartless.

"Your parents wouldn't want you to be a Nightmare." I looked in his eyes. The emptiness was now recognizable in his eyes. The red shade made him look dangerous.

"How could a little boy escape from the Dark Lord?" he chuckled, but his eyes were still cold.

"What happened to your eyes?" I whispered softly.

"They used to be brown and happy." I muttered.

"You can recognize a Nightmare by his eyes." he said cooly.

"Red, cold and empty." he grinned.

"Your eyes have changed too. They used to have a golden shade." he looked confused.

"I was a Nightmare for like a year or so. But I got away. You have a choice." I stared back.

"I can't come back. I'm a monster now. No one can save me." he sighed and sat down on the ground.

I showed him my bracelet.

"You belong here."

He pulled up his sleeve. There was an exact copy of the bracelet, except it shone red.

"Ruby." he said.

"No one could destroy it. It's a shame for them." he laughed.

"You know every Nightmare has been wondering about the Light. Since you came back they are afraid, afraid that you're going to make an end. "

"You wouldn't kill me would you?" I blurted out.

"I would never hurt you."

"So cliché." I laughed.

"It isn't. Well maybe it is, but I mean it." he also laughed.

"I don't think the Light is so epic at all. I don't even know how to fight." I sighed.

"We are nothing without the complete Star." I sat down.

"He knows." he never mentioned his name, but I immediately knew who it was. His name still gave me goose bumps.

"He betrayed my parents. And yours. Why are you still...?" I began.

"His powers are great. Most of his followers are just scared of him." Demitri whispered.

"Are you scared?" I whispered back.

He didn't answer me, instead of that he looked away. It started to rain. It wasn't the rain Nightmares created, it was more peaceful. No lightning or hail.

"C'mon we should hide." I pulled his arm.

"Coward." he coughed as he stood up.

"I'm not!" I disagreed. We headed to elder Michael's house.

"You know I was just wondering..." I began.

"Shoot."

"Why does Sky hate you?" I blurted out.

He stopped walking and turned his face to face me. I thought I could see something in his eyes, some emotion. But it quickly disappeared.

"He feels betrayed. I guess."

We walked and I could see the vivid colours of dreamcatchers. I could really use a cup of tea now, since I' soaked, I thought.

Demitri stopped and he took a step back. His eyes became big. I looked at him confused.

"I can't come in." he said, his eyes still looking at the house.

"Sorry Elurra." and he ran and disappeared in black smoke.

"Demitri!" I yelled, but it was too late.

The door opened and elder Michael appeared. He laughed and shook his head.

"Why couldn't he come in?" I asked, still confused.

"Come in first Elurra. You don't want to get a fever do you?" and he walked back in his house. I followed him quietly.

"You already know the answer. Maybe more than one." he said.

"Dreamcatchers." I whispered.

"That's right." he smiled.

"They can also save him." I whispered.

Elder Michael nodded his head and poured a cup of tea. He handed it to me.

"But how?" I asked.

"I can't tell you everything." he stood up and went to a bookshelf. He came back with a book with a blue cover, on the cover there was a white tree. Underneath it said with an elegant handwriting: dreaming out loud.

"Take it. It helped me. It can help you."

"Thanks." I looked at him grateful.

I looked at the back of the cover. I wiped away the dust. In golden letters it said: Chase your dreams before it's too late. Don't be afraid. Because atleast you have tried. Be brave. Living with regret is far more worse.