Training

AUTHORS NOTE

(Took me ages, sorry. Don't hate for the wait. Ily my readers and follow me please it would mean a lot. Trying to gain more followers but ya know, that kinda hasn't been happening hah. Omfg sorry this would of been way longer and upper way quicker but I wrote the whole thing, without saving, and my phone went flat. I literally flipped a bitch before calming down and re-writing the whole thing. And comment if you want me to make another SoMa fanfiction. It would be much better than this one and way neater. Enjoy and comment if you want another SoMa Fanfic!)

<>~<>~<>

=Maka's P.O.V=

It had been two days since I was released from the infirmary. As soon as Stein gave me permission to leave, the first thing I wanted to do was get back to work. Training was a top priority to me at the moment. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had become a tad bit rusty in there.

Apparently Soul had other ideas when I was deemed healthy enough to go home. He had forced me to stay at home for at least a day and rest a bit more. I understood Soul wanted me to take it easy but I felt fine.

I needed to get back into the action. That whole day, I complained and glared at Soul whenever I got the chance. No matter how much I whined though, he refused to let me go and workout in any way, shape or form.

After that torturous day ended, Soul finally decided we needed to do some work. So here we were. Tsubaki, Patty and I were at a small gym exercising. Liz had decided she would rather go shopping than train and Patty was sitting in the corner, sleeping.

The guys had gone off to probably play a game of basketball, stating that they would distract us too much if they were in the gym. Morons.

Tsubaki started doing stretches in front of one of the many walls filled with mirrors. I chose a treadmill and began my day of hard work. Tsubaki put a pair of headphones on while she stretched, leaving me to entertain myself.

I couldn't talk to Tsubaki because she was busy with her music. A few people I remembered from the DWMA waved to me as they walked past but that was all the interaction I had. Convincing myself it was probably better to stay focused if there was no one to talk to.

I turned the speed on the treadmill up and decided today I would push myself. I would get back into shape.

That was the whole point of me being at the gym.

With a strong determination fuelling me, I turned the speed of the treadmill up higher.

I would become stronger. I wouldn't be useless. I would protect everyone. Especially...Soul.

It was my fault he was hurt so badly in our first fight against Crona. It was always my fault he got hurt in fights. Because of me...Soul has a large scar.

I bit the inside of my cheek hard to keep from screaming in frustration and let my thoughts take over. My heart was thudding against my chest. My legs were aching, I felt like I would collapse and yet I pressed onwards. Continuing to turn up the speed.

I had no idea how fast I was running but beads of sweat were rolling off of my forehead and down my cheeks. Panting for breath, I clenched my hands into fists and ran harder.

Never again would anyone get hurt because of me. I would destroy all kishins and any enemy that got in my way. I would become stronger!

"Maka," a voice called.

It seemed distant and so I shrugged it off and continued to run. My feet hitting the treadmill, as I started to loose myself to my memory's again.

"Maka!" The same voice said again, only much louder this time.