The Regret

(Authors note again ;")

Ok guys so what I wanna do is make goals for the chapters because the first chapter got 84 reads! Hey, that's a lot for me because I suck so it feels cool to know at least some people have read this. And every time I update I see like sixteen reads every time which makes me thinks there's sixteen fantastic people out there that have this saved to there library and wait for it to be updated every week! Hugs for every one for being awesome! Okay your annoying writer shall leave now *backs away to a corner*

(Back in time)

=Patty's P.O.V=

Liz had told me she would help Maka get ready if I left. She said if i kept talking about Soul Maka would get nervous so I went to find Crona. Liz had told me specifically to find the guys and hang out with them but Crona was all alone, and besides, I was gonna tell him all about giraffes! So I sat with Crona for a few hours telling him all about my giraffe Frank. He didn't seem to mind and even agreed to go to the dance with us. When it was time to go, we walked to the DWMA and went straight to the food table. The place was packed and I couldn't find Liz anywhere. Oh well, I thought shoving a piece of cake in my mouth, I'll just sit here and eat sugar!

(Back to the present)

=Maka's P.O.V=

I dashed off to the girls bathrooms and slammed the door. I slid down it onto the floor and cried. Was I an idiot or being rational? What flashed through my mind the most was Soul's hurt expression. "It wasn't you," I whispered as I continued to bawl my eyes out. "It was my cowardliness," I now yelled at the red bathroom wall. "I'm weak! I didn't want my heart to get hurt! I only thought of myself and not Soul's feelings and now it's all screwed up!" A gentle knock on the door made me freeze and pull my knees closer to my chest. I ground away my tears hurriedly with my fist and looked at the door. "What?" I asked in a slightly annoyed tone. "Can I come in?" Tsubaki's gentle voice asked. Not wanting any one to see me being weak I stood up and shakily wobbled to the door. "No it's okay I'm coming out anyway," I said trying to sound normal. I opened the door with a creak and came face to face with an extremely worried Tsubaki. "I'm tired, I think I might just go home." I fake yawned and stepped past her. I gave her a completely false smile and waved as I left her standing there bewildered. Avoiding all of my friends, I hid in the crowd and tried to scurry to the door. Once I was outside I took in a deep breath of the fresh, cold air and made my way down the enormous steps leading up to the school. "What the hell was that?" A slightly pissed off male voice asked from the door. I stopped, but couldn't bring myself to turn around. The sound of shoes clunking down the steps made me shiver as I knew I would be yelled at. Someone stood next to me on the same step and forced me to look at them. Soul's angry red eyes bore into mine. "Why'd you run?"he asked in a dead serious tone. "B- because I'm weak," I stuttered trying to find words to say. Soul's angry glare softened as he pulled me into a hug. I stiffened at first but then just let him hold me. "You're not weak," he sighed sounding tired and slightly deflated. "You were just scared." "Being scared is a weakness!" I yelled stepping away from him. "No, what's weak is denying your own faults!" Soul yelled in return. I starred at him gaping a little. He was actually right. "I'll go home and sleep on things," I yelled again stomping the rest of the way down the stairs. "Why would you have to think about how you feel?" Soul shouted at my back. "Because I just do okay," I replied quietly, swiftly wiping away fresh tears.

=Sou's P.O.V=

I watched as she left, and disappeared into the dark. I knew I should of gone after her but she would of just told me to get lost. I sighed and sat on the steps feeling way too tired. "This was a waste of time," I mumbled taking off my black jacket knowing it didn't suit me. I wanted to go home to go to bed, but I knew I should let Maka get there first and fall asleep before I went home. Feeling relieved that no one tried to come outside and comfort me, I went walking around Death City in the middle of the night. I refused to think about what had just happened and walked aimlessly. I ended up sitting down on a bench seat somewhere in a random park. Without realising how exhausted I actually was, I let my eyes close and fell asleep sitting up.

=Maka's P.O.V=

I got inside the house and slammed the door, more angry then sad. I was angry at myself though, which most likely wasn't healthy. I flung my shoes across my room upstairs and changed into clothes that actually suited me. Who I was pretending to be some one I wasn't in that dress?! This was the real me, I thought looking at myself in my full length mirror. I had changed into my pyjama's which consisted of a plain grey T-shirt and navy blue pants. I was plain and boring, and thats the way I liked myself. I wouldn't lie about who I was again. I took the bun out and the sparkly pin that no longer suited me. I brushed out my hair and did it up in my usual, comfortable pig tails. I sighed and climbed into my squishy bed. "I knew going to those stupid parties would be a bad idea," I groaned burying my head under my blankets. I blocked out all of my thoughts and fell asleep dreaming about that stupid dress. In my dream I was wearing it at the party. Everything was going fine until the dress burned up and fell onto the ground in a smouldering pile. I was now wearing my usual skirt, vest, tie, clunky boots and jacket. I was relived at the same time as embaressed. The music had stopped and every one starred at me in disgust. I was confused at first until I realised everyone hated my clothes. "Too bad this is me," I announced to them all, pointing at myself. They all started laughing until they vanished into darkness. The rest of the night, I slept not dreaming again. In the morning, I woke to Blair sitting on my chest in cat form purring. "Where's Soul?" she asked licking her paw. "He never came home last night." "He didnt?" I asked worried. Pushing blair off of me, I got out of bed and walked to Soul's room. As expected, there was no one in there. I gritted my teeth and bit back tears. It was an understatement to say I was concerned. What if something had of happened to him because of me? What if he was lost or worse what if he was dead for some reason? Not even caring that I still in my pyjamas, I ran out the front door in my clunky boots and sped walked up and down the streets. Within twenty minutes of searching, I found Soul sleeping on a park bench. "Thank god you're ok," I whispered, walking up to him. I shook his shoulder slightly and called his name. "Soul wake up," I ordered. His eyes snapped open and he blinked a few times, probably adjusting to the light. He looked around the park before settling his eyes on me. "Are you ok?" I asked looking to check for wounds or something "You're not hurt right?" He smiled lightly and stood up. "I'm fine," he assured "I'm just..." He stopped talking and let an awkward silence settle between us. "I'm sorry," I finally mumbled looking at the ground. I shuffled forward a little and wrapped my arms around a very shocked Soul. "It's fine," he sighed patting my head. "But how do you feel?" he asked gulping. I looked up into his hopeful eyes and took a deep breath. Should I tell him or not?

(Authors note once again lel)

Muhahah now you all hate me for leaving a cliff hanger. Sorry people *evil smirk*