Chapter 8

Mel's point of view

I got hungry so I decided to have a break, I hadn't eaten or slept since yesterday. I went up stairs to the kitchen to make a ham and butterscotch syrup sandwich. I know sounds seared right but I LOVE it, I also made green tea. I ate the sandwich and drunk the tea, I went back down to my lab, I realized my journal was missing and there was less blood on Alexis. Nick had been in my lab fury flooded over me, I felt my hands shacking. I charged up the stairs, to nicks room. I flung the door open and immediately spotted my journal and a speck of blood on nicks sleeve. I pounced forward and grabbed my journal, I raised it about to hit him with the journal. When he started to cry, I immediately dropped the journal and hugged him. I always hate seeing him cry, I might be heartless to some people except Matt and my family. "There, there." I comforted him. I hated comforting anyone, he just cried harder.

"How could you do that to Alexis?" he asked with a shaky voice. "She's your friend."

"It's all for science" I said. It explains everything. I patted him on the back completely forgetting about the journal. I leaned away.

"You better not tell Kat about this. She won't understand, Nick" he nodded. I could easily see through his façade, did he think I was dumb? I knew he would tell Kat. I left his room and went in to my room I saw my window open, Nick had been on the roof and in my room. I changed in to black combat trousers, a plain t-shirt, a black hoodie with a whit skull on it and my converse. I picked up my black messenger bag with death the kid from soul eater the anime on it and put some old books in it, I climbed out the window on to the roof and started running across the roof tops of London. The wind whipping through my black hair, I saw nicks dart board. I leaped over the board and landed on my hands and knees, I got up and started running again thinking 'I need to start sports again. I saw the Hobbs book shop, I stopped on one of the roof tops of the houses and saw an open window. I stepped through the window in to a small bathroom, I exited the bathroom in to a darkly lit hall way. I spotted the stairs and stealthily walked down them and to the front door luckily it was open. I walked out shut the door and casually walked across the road, in to the book shop as if nothing has happened. There was a middle aged woman with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, her name was ms. Hobbs

"Hello Melanie" the middle aged woman greeted.

"And to you ms. Hobbs" I returned. Ms. Hobbs was the shop owner as well as Matt's mother. "I have some books for you" I said while opening my messenger bag and took out the old books out, and handing them to her. She opened them and had a pleased look on her face.

"Thank you, Matt is lucky to have a friend like you" she smiled. "and I have the books you wanted" she handed me four books three were manga and one was about preserving dead body's.

"Thank you, ms. Hobbs. Is Matt in by any chance?" I asked.

"He's just got in from work, he's in his room" ms. Hobbs said.

"Thank you" I replied and walked to the back and up the stairs. There was a door opposite the stairs with a keep out sign on it, it was Matt's room. I opened the door to see Matt sprawled across his bed asleep, I took off my shoes before entering his room. I walked over to his bed and pounced on him, he instantly woke up.

"WHAT THE HELL, MEL!" he yelled at me, all I said was.

"We need to talk"