Pt 26

2 years later

Miera POV

It's been a while. A lot of villages. A lot of apologising.

The village leaders spared me when they learned the truth. I looked down at my list of villages.

I was at the last two.

Konohagakure, and then Sunagakure. And I was currently standing outside the Konoha gates.

The two guards recognised me instantly.

“It's her! The Ruin!” one of them exclaimed.

“I'm here to see the Hokage,” I said calmly.

They were taken aback.

“No fighting?” the one with spiky hair asked.

“No. I come her in peace, to take my punishment,” I said.

They took all my weapons, and then one of them took me to the Hokage.

Lady Tsunade looked me up and down.

“I feel like we've met...,” she muttered.

“We have, Lady Tsunade. My real name is Miera. You met me as Same when I came here in disguise, though you knew who I was. And then, when the Akatsuki forced me to work for them, I changed my name to Ruin, out of the grief and pain I felt for ruining the lives of so many,” I said.

A big man with scars on his face widened his eyes.

“She's not lying,” he said. Clearly he was using a lie detecting jutsu.

“I see. Well Miera, why are you here?” she asked calmly, placing her elbows on her desk.

“I'm here for my punishment. I've been going to all the villages, and this is the second to last one on my journeys, followed by Suna,” I said.

“Well, since you were forced, I guess we'll let you go,” she smiled at me weakly.

I nodded. This wasn't the first time I'd just been let go.

“As you wish,” I said.

“Send word to the Kazekage that Miera is returning shortly,” she said to a Jonin in the room. He nodded and left.

“Meanwhile, you can spend the night here, in our village. You can stay at Kotetsu's house,” she said, guesturing to the man who had brought me to her.

He grinned.

“As you wish, Hokage-sama,” we said.