Part 4

Two monthes later

Miera's POV

Living with the Sand Siblings was entertaining.

Kankuro was constantly flirting with me, which earned him a few well deserved punches in the face.

Temari and I got on really well.

And Gaara..., well, we didn't have much to do with each other.

I was constantly cautious not to let him look me in the eyes.

One morning, I decided it was time to finally head downstairs. You see, I use a small portion of my chakra to keep me awake at night. I don't sleep, as I have nightmares if I do. It is very seldom that I actually sleep.

I reached the kitchen, and found them all talking in hushed voices.

“Good morning,” I said, getting into the fridge.

“Same, we need to talk,” Temari said. I turned around, and frowned at her.

“What is concerning you?” I asked.

“A number of things,” Kankuro spoke for her.

They had me sit down on the couch while they stood in front of me.

'First things first, what do you spend your time doing? You vanish for almost the whole day, and no one knows where you are,” Temar said.

“I entertain myself, so to speak. I spend a lot of time going places and practicing my taijutsu,” I said softly.

“Why don't you sleep?” Gaara asked sternly. I was taken aback.