I Wasn't Expecting It - A Niall Horan Love Story

One hour of being trapped in a stuffy car with my three older brothers and my overly excited parents. I absolutely hated everything about vacations. I had no friends to hang out with, no familiar faces to see, no sense of direction, and an absolutely nutcase family to deal with. Nothing could be less enjoyable for me. Especially since I’m all the way across seas over in London, Europe. I hated being a tourist. I felt like everyone was laughing at me. I stretched out my long legs and as far as possible without hitting the back of the passenger’s seat. We had gotten off our dreadfully long plane ride and were now lost in London looking for our hotel.  Eyes of the British people glared at us like we had four hundred heads or something. I just looked away at my three older brothers as they bickered about whether beef jerky was good or not and who was hotter, Megan Fox or Katy Perry? Incredible. They were just so incredibly strange. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my iPhone two see two text messages, one from Ava, my best friend, and the other from a boy named Collin, who was overly sweet. I wrote each one back telling them about my strange brothers and the dreaded plane ride I had experienced. It was going to be a terribly long vacation this summer. Two months of trying to figure out my way around here. I hope someone interesting would take notice of me and help me out, that was a long shot though.

                “Jocelyn, is it true that your friend Adrienne is dating Jack?” My older brother Kyle, who was only a year and a month older than me asked. I rolled my eyes at him. Like I knew or cared.

                “Probably they liked each other didn’t they?” I replied being as nice as I could me. He just nodded and went back to talking about something with my other two brothers. Kyle was the youngest of the three boys. Derek was the middle one; he was 19, well almost. And Charlie was the eldest and the one I was closest with. He was twenty one and on his way to pretty big things. I looked up to him more than I did anyone else. I sat up in my seat looking back out the window. At least London was beautiful I suppose. I avoided eye contact as much as possible just trying to take in all the sites. I couldn’t wait to get of the damn care and actually see beyond this glass.

                The car halted to a stop in front of a marvelous pale yellow hotel that had what seemed to be hundred of floors. It was where I would be staying for a week or so before my grandmother and grandpa came back from a cruise and brought us to their place. I wasn’t really looking forward to that part. My grandparents were very old fashion. They enjoyed the scrabble and classical music on a Saturday night. That wasn’t really my style. I opened the car door for the first time in an hour and breathed in the fresh, unfamiliar scented air. It was peppermint like and a tad soggy with rain. I enjoyed it far too much. I pulled my legs over the edge and let them droop to the paved ground. I was overwhelmed by it all. My legs were dead with sleep and took me a few moments before I could actually walk again. I slid my phone into my back pocket and grabbed my bags quickly. I wanted to get this over with and crash on one of the comfy hotel beds!

                Finally I plopped down on the bed, throwing my stuff to the floor with a thump and laid down. I had no interest in doing anything, I didn’t want to more an inch for at least two hours. I squeezed my eyes shut trying my best to block out my family as much as possible. I needed to rest up and then I was heading out tonight on my own to tour London.

Three Hours Later/7:32:

                My eyes fluttered open at the sound of clanging. My idiot brothers of course were goofing off again. My hands fumbled around in my pocket before I forced the phone up and out and stared at it with wide eyes. It was already seven thirty and I had just now gotten up, what was I going to do? I bolted up out of the bed and grabbed my purse heading directly to the bathroom. I was wearing a baggy stripped t-shirt and some shorts with a pair of polka dot stockings underneath, this would have to do. I looked back up into the mirror now noticing my messy deep red hair was all over the place. I looked like a lion. I smoothed it out and brushed through it several times till it straightened out to just below my chest. My makeup was smoky and I resembled a panda bear. I dabbed under my eyes quickly fixing it up a bit and looked at myself for a long moment. This would have to do, and plus, I had no one to impress now did I?