019.

"So you like him but you're scared to because you've never liked a guy before?" Zayn had finally dropped Liam off at Niall's house where he proceeded to tell Niall his problem as soon as Zayn left. 

As much as Liam has been giving everything a try, he's still afraid of every possible outcome. Sometimes he'd let his confused feelings slide and he'd just go with it. He'd say things he wouldn't have normally said, and he does things he doesn't normally do.

But he can't keep holding off his feelings. He needs to make up his mind, needs to know what exactly he's doing. He wants to like Zayn, he's already come to terms with that. He knows that he has tended to miss Zayn at times, and he knows that he has some affection for him. But what he doesn't know is how to put all that to use. He doesn't know how to act around Zayn anymore. Basically, he needs help.

Niall is confused as well. All this time, he had thought that Liam was gay. How could he not be? He kissed him, almost had sex with him too, and here he is talking about how he's afraid to have feelings for a guy.

If Niall would have known that Liam was straight, he would have never have bothered to try to kiss him, or go further. And then he thinks about it and thinks that maybe he would have. Point is, Niall is just as confused as Liam. He tries not to show it but when Liam nods to his earlier question, Niall can't help the answer that come tumbling out of his mouth.

"But you kissed me. You-I-we...never mind." Awkward tension starts to fill the air, suffocating both Niall and Liam. Liam doesn't want there to be awkwardness, he just wants answers. So, he tries to continue on with the conversation, cutting the tension with a knife and dicing it up until it's in tiny pieces.

 "So yeah..I just don't know what to do, I mean I don't know how to act or anything." Niall could sense Liam was trying to get back on track so he tried to resume with what they were saying beforehand.

"Well, have you ever been in a relationship at all? And just like that, all the tension and awkwardness what gone with just one question.

Of course Liam had been in a relationship before. He had been in plenty of relationships, though they were all with girls. And his last one...well that hadn't ended up so well. But besides that, his relationships were pretty normal, he was still just trying to find the right one. 

He didn't know where Niall was going with this though. He's only had experience with girl and girls only, what does this have to do with a guy? Does he mean if Liam has been in a relationship with a guy before?

"Of course I have, but only with girls."

Though Niall had realized why Liam had said the whole girl part, he remained calm. He only hoped that Liam didn't think being gay was a bad thing. He hoped Liam wasn't homophobic and therefore the reason he was scared to like a guy. 

"Liam, you do realize that gay relationships are just the same as a relationship between a woman and a man right? There's really no difference, just as you would act with a girl, you would act with a guy. Just use your past experience and you'll know what to do with Zayn. There's no specific way to act just because you're moving on to a different gender."