018.

Zayn needed to call Niall. He needed to call Harry. He needed to call someone. Anyone. Liam was starting to get lonely, and so resulted in to begging Zayn for someone to talk to. When Zayn offered himself as someone Liam could talk to, Liam only huffed and begged some more.

It's not like Liam didn't like having Zayn around, but it was starting to get a little bit suffocating, or a lot if he was being honest with anyone. He needed to have friends that he can hang out with and talk to. He couldn't talk to Zayn about his feelings, it just didn't work like that.

What Liam needed was someone like Niall, or maybe Harry. Harry seemed like such a nice person, even if Zayn got mad at him for his actions, Harry only meant the best for Liam as well as Zayn . Point is, Liam needed someone to talk to, and not Zayn.  He still wanted him around, but he needed him to know when Liam just needed to talk.

Zayn, on the other hand, thought that this was Liam pushing him away. He was starting to get scared and frantic that maybe he had done something wrong. Maybe he was a little too far down Liam's neck trying to watch him all the time.

To be honest, Zayn didn't want to call anybody. He wanted to keep Liam all for himself, and force Liam to talk to him only. But, he knew that was his selfish side talking. He didn't even trust anybody to call. There was Niall, yeah, but in order to do that, they needed to be friends again.

And there was Harry, yeah, but in order for that to happen, Zayn needed to call Harry and apologize for going all raging on him. In the end, it ended with him having to call both of them. Because whether he wanted it to happen or not,  things needed to be fixed.

-/

"um Hey", Zayn scratched the back of his neck even if it wasn't itchy.

Niall's surprised face never ceased to amuse Zayn. After all, he didn't expect Zayn to be here, it had only been close to a week before Zayn came to him again. And without Liam.

No, Zayn did not leave him at home. Instead, he had him sat in the car to wait for him, locking the doors so that he could not escape even if he wanted to.

"Aren't you mad at me?" Zayn felt a little guilty when this whole sad look washed over Niall's features. He was, but he just can't hold a grudge forever, no matter how hard he tried. It reminded him to make a mental note not to forget about Harry right after he was through with Niall.

"I mean I was....but..yeah" Everything seemed awkwardly awkward, and this is not how Zayn had originally planned it to go. He planned it to go smoothly, for it to be quick so that Liam didn't have to wait long.

"Like I was mad, but I can't actually stay angry at you. I don't really hold grudges." Except for Harry. Zayn flinched at that. He really needed to talk to him. He missed him, and each time thoughts of Harry popped into his head, he only felt guilty.

"Yeah, I get it. So does that mean we can be friends again?" Niall looked so hopeful that Zayn wouldn't even be able to have the power to say no even if he really desired to. 

"Of course". And Zayn smiled so that Niall would know that he really did want to be his friend again. Niall smiled back.

"Just letting you know that I'm really sorry about Liam. I guess I wasn't really ready to let both of you go. It's just that you kept coming like almost everyday, and I figured that it was only because you wanted to ask me about Liam. So I knew that when you found out Liam was here, you'd take him, and both of you would leave me alone. And that's my problem, I'm always alone, I'm just lonely, so sorry if I ruined any bond that was growing there." Niall looked guilty and sad once again. But he still looked up at Zayn and smiled after looking down the whole time during his small speech.

"Don't worry, you didn't, the bond's still there". Zayn smiled with teeth showing, something he didn't do very often.

Lonely huh?

-

"Hello? Zayn?"

"Harry." Zayn breathed in. He can do this. "Yeah, I wanted to call you. Can't a guy call his best friend?" Zayn attempted at weak humor. 

"Zayn, I thought you made it clear that you never wanted to see me again. I mean you punched me, I assumed that's what you meant."

"I know, but Harry, you're still my best friend. Granted, you let the man I love run away from me, but I guess I have to thank you to some extent because I ended up having the best kiss of my life" 

"You love him?"

"Very much so"

"So I'm guessing that means you've found him then?"

"Yeah"

"Listen, I'm sorry man, i really am, I've been feeling the worst ever since you pushed me out of your house, I never should have broken your trust like that"

"Yeah, whatever, it's OK man, It's actually the reason why I'm calling you. I wanted to say sorry, I hope we can be best friends still?"

"Yeah, man"

"So, There's was another reason why I called you. You see, Since you're all single and all, I thought I'd introduce you to someone later, meet me at mine tomorrow?" Zayn didn't wait for an answer before he hung up.

Everything wasn't fixed yet.