005.

Liam's breath was ragged and hard by the time he was a mile away from Zayn's house. He wasn't sure where he was going as he wasn't very conscious when he first got there. His feet already hurt and he's not sure if there's a phone anywhere near.

But despite that, he's still running because Harry said to run as far as his feet could carry him and he didn't want to fail him. Yes, he was scared of him at first, but he gained his trust by letting him go and that's all Liam wanted when he first got there.

He wanted to be back with his girlfriend. He had no idea how she was doing or how she was coping with his absence because he was gone for quite some time. He was pretty sure that he'd be fired from his job for not being there to work. He really hoped not seeing as it kept him from living on the streets.

Liam keeps on running when there's a car pulling up next to him. He only starts running faster because he has no idea who they are and if it's Zayn coming to bring him back to a place he only just escaped. Or even worse, if it's someone who wants to kidnap him but is way worse than Zayn. He can't risk it so he's half limping, half running because, damn his feet hurt, and he doesn't want to be pulled into the car.

But the car is faster than him so it only takes a couple of seconds for it to bypass Liam and stop a few feet ahead.  The car door opens before Liam could really think about going anywhere, and out comes a blonde haired lad with cerulean eyes walking towards him.

He doesn't look harmful, in fact, he doesn't look as if he could hurt a fly. So Liam lets the guy walk towards him and usher him into his car with words of care. Before he really even knows it, he's in the passenger seat of some strangers car.

"Who are you?" Liam has so many questions but he decides to go with only one, finding the lad's identity to be more important at the time being. He looks over at Liam while driving before giving him a smile and turning back to the road. "My names Niall Horan but may I ask why you were limping on the side of the road?"

Liam decides that it is in fact, a long story so he says nothing, only asks Niall where in the world is he taking him. Niall responds back saying his place, and Liam just about jumps out of the car only to find that it's locked to which his heart beat quickens.

"Don't worry mate I'm not gonna kidnap ya, I just want to get you cleaned up, alright?" Liam relaxes for a bit. Niall takes that as a silent yes and continues to drive to his place. Now he had no idea why he was down this road to began with but he felt like taking a drive earlier. He's been locked up in his house for far too long, and he just had a feeling to drive down here.

He didn't know that the feeling he felt would lead him to a limping man on the side of the street but he makes no big deal about it because to be honest, he was kind of lonely. He thought maybe this guy would enjoy staying at his place for awhile, no longer than a couple of hours, just to spend some time together.

Liam's falling asleep before he notices that he's doing so. He figures he's in good hands and hopes he not making the same mistake again before taking a nap in the man's car, his head lolling to the side and hitting the car's door softly.

-

Instead of waking up in the car seat, Liam's waking on someone's really comfortable couch,and he's thinking 'how long has he been asleep'. He sits up to notice there's no one else in the living room with him but hears the clanking of pots and pans in the kitchen.

Niall's in there probably trying to figure out which pot to use for the pasta he has laying about on the counter. He only notices Liam is there after he's picked out some dark green pot with silver lines across that doesn't seem to be too big nor too small, and jumps a bit at the surprise because he honestly thought Liam was still asleep. But then again, who could be after all the clanking and clutter he's caused.

After an hour, Niall has managed to make spaghetti for the both of them as they both settle down at his dining table. They've eaten half of their plates before Niall's asking Liam to stay for a bit longer and even take a shower. Liam obliges because he thankful and he can see that Niall's a bit lonely and only wants someone to hang out with.

And it's only until later, after Liam has showered, and watched some movies, and even sat and talked with Niall, that he leaves his house and notices that he's on the same street he lives on. He'd be lying if he said that he didn't feel the slightest bit stupid but he uses the fact that he fell asleep on the way there as an excuse while he makes his way towards his own house.

-

The smiles on his face shows just how happy he is when he manages to run up to his house. He no longer has his key so he checks the doorknob because he knows that sometimes Sophia likes to leave the door unlocked. Why? he has no idea but he no longer minds it when he's stepping inside.

It's silent throughout the whole house. He knows she must be home because she never leaves the house much. The place seems to be the same way he left it. He starts his way upstairs, observing to see if anything was different.

He stops at the top when he hears the tiniest bit of noise coming from the room he and Sophia share. It's not the type of noise a woman would usually make, it was more of a grunting noise that would come from a man.

His heart accelerates and his fists clench because well, god dammit, there better not be a man in there. But there is, he finds out, when he pushes the door open with force and finds Sophia under said man naked, while the stranger does things that Liam only thought he could do to her.

And Liam just can't help it when he's striding across the room, yanking the man and throwing him on the floor with such a force Liam didn't know existed in him. He can't help it when his fist is connecting repeatedly with the man's face. And he definitely can't help it when he's doing something indescribable to a place where it hurts most.

But he doesn't regret it when the man is crying out in pain and Sophia, his now ex girlfriend it seems, is screaming at him to stop. And he does stop, but to tell her that she needs to get out as well as the jerk on the floor and now, because he really won't stop next time. 

And when she's gone, he can't help but sink on the floor and cry because the whole time he was being kept as a prisoner, he's wishing to be back here with her and she didn't even care that he was gone. Instead she used it to her advantage and Liam could only wonder how long this had been going on.

The only thing he can do now is walk down the steps with a less skip in his step and lay down on his couch that he wasn't even sure if it was used to perform some disgusting act of adulatory.