Chapter 10: Not Ready

Alana Woke up to the smell of smoke and jumped out of bed

                     Alana Woke up to the smell of smoke and jumped out of bed. Pushing the memories of her nightmares out of her head, she rushed into the kitchen to see Niall standing at the stove, burnt french toast and eggs in front of him, and flour and syrup everywhere else. Niall stood there pouting and Alana just laughed at the cute man standing in front of her. 'Its not funny missy. I wanted to do something special for you, you looked like you were having a nightmare, and i wanted to help' Niall whispered the last part and Alana froze, did he know anything? *"Ni..."* Alana began, but Niall stopped her, "i just want you to be okay" he smiled a big smile and hugged her, pulling cereal out of the cupboard behind her. *"I'm okay"* she said laughing, heading to the sink to clean up his mess. As Alana washed dishes, Niall ate cereal and told her about his schedule for the next week, and how he would be out of town from Wednesday to Saturday. Alana frowned, but she understood that he had to go, and that he would be back. As Niall finished breakfast, he set his bowl in the sink and wrapped Alana in a hug, "it will only be for a few days princess" he kissed the top of her head and went to pack for his trip.

                 As Alana finished cleaning the kitchen, she giggled. He was so sweet to try and cook her breakfast, even if it was a disaster. She trailed up the stairs to Niall's room, sitting on the bed next to his suit case. Niall laughed and pointed to the bag of clothes and shoes 'get in' he whispered 'i want to take you with me'. Alana laughed but shook her head *"i'm the maid Niall, i have to stay here"* Niall's smile fell and he shook his head, "no, you don't love. You can travel the world with me, i can show you to everyone in the world and let them know how much i love you. I want to let the entire world know Niall Horan found his princess!" Alana giggled but felt a familiar fear creep into her chest. She didn't want the entire world to know about her, she didn't want anyone to know where she was, or who she was with. Not yet. Alana shook her head, *"Not yet Ni"* she whispered, receiving a frown from Niall, she patted the bed next to him. Sitting down, Alana put her head on his shoulder and looked into his bright blue eyes. He seemed to search her face for something, maybe an answer to why she was so hidden and secretive. She adverted his gaze to their intertwined hands and stated simply *"I'm just not ready for that yet"* Alana knew this was only partially true, but Niall seemed to accept it and continued packing.

                  As she watched Niall pack, she wondered if he would still love her if he found out about the past she was keeping hidden. She watched his blue eyes dance in the sunlight as he finished packing his bag. She sighed and shook her head. She wasn't ready to risk it. Not yet.