Chapter 3: Doctor Who?

This is not an author's note. Okay it kinda is but I don't like to consider it one.

Finally, the long-awaited third chapter. Okay, not too long-awaited but it's been a long time since I've added a new part to this story. I apologize for not getting this out sooner. I just finished a huge play with my school (The Wizard of Oz. I was a written in character but I had a big part.) so I should be able to get back into the swing of things soon. I'm polishing off Chapter 4 as well, so that'll hopefully be out soon too.

Enjoy! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3:

Doctor Who?

"What?" he asked, his brow furrowing. He then proceeded to repeat what he'd just said, and with every word he seemed to become more confused. "What? WHAT?!"

"I've been standing up here every December twenty-first, just waiting for you to see me." I answered with what was supposed to be a lighthearted laugh but came out as more of a spiteful chuckle.

"What?" he said again, shaking his head. "I don't understand. The planet I'm on...it can't be Earth, can it? Not when I detected this much concentrated energy in one area."

"This is Earth, alright," I said. "But I can't say why there is so much 'concentrated energy in one area.'" I imitated his accent quite terribly and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Would you mind coming down from there?" he requested, shoving his hands back into his pockets.

"Certainly." I replied before backing off the balcony and flying down the stairs. This all felt so surreal. But here I was, going to talk to the man from the blue box. My whole body shook as I crossed the living room floor and made it to the back door. I bit my lip as my hand gripped the cold metal doorknob. Old, hidden doubt started to flow into me. Should I really be doing this? Going into the dark garden at night with a mysterious man didn't seem like the best choice. He still seemed capable of abduction, alien or non-alien.

I shook my head and mentally scolded myself. He had no evil aura surrounding him, and I heard no menacing thoughts. Now that I thought about it, I didn't see any aura or hear any thoughts. I assumed that it was just my anxiety that was making my hormones go haywire and causing me to block out my gift. At least that's what I hoped.

I turned the knob slowly, still very unsure of this. But I needed to take a risk. When was the last time I felt the rush of taking a chance? Never. I yanked the door open, more sure of myself now. And there he stood, in the same place, with the same eyebrow raised in skepticism. Now that I got the chance to see him close-up, I realized just how good he really looked. He had the deepest brown eyes and an attractive, slender nose. His lips weren't really anything special set the way they currently were, but I bet when he smiled that they looked absolutely gorgeous.

"Well hello there." I said awkwardly, not knowing what else I could possibly say. I closed the door behind me and pressed my back again the hard wood. I wanted to keep my distance even though he looked so tempting.

"'Ello there," he said politely with a smile. "No need to be scared of me, you know." I blushed a little, knowing he was referring to my sudden apprehension.

"Of course." I said as I removed myself from the door and inched toward him. I found myself standing so close to him that I could hear him breathing, in fact. I looked him over from head to toe, coming to the realization that he certainly didn't have an aura. And I never once heard a thought of his even though he was looking at me curiously.