Chapter Twelve

(Willow)

I leaned against the door.

This was crazy, had Clark Wilson just tried to kiss me? Well there was almost no doubt that he had tried to, so why was I asking myself?

More importantly why had I almost let him?

Just because he was trying to be all nice to me did not prove that he had completely changed. I needed to be careful around him.

Pushing myself off of the door I climbed the stairs to my room and fell onto my bed.

I sighed as my phone vibrated in my pocket, there was not much of a question as to who it was.

Pulling out my phone I saw an alert about a text from Clark: Thank you for the great night. (:

That little smile at the end stopped me from responding to him. It made me uncomfortable, like he thought there was something more between us then I did.

I mean sure we had held hands and he had almost kissed me, but both of those things had been because of him.

Well maybe not the last time we held hands, that was purely me.. But his hand felt so nice in mine.

God Willow snap out of it.

For all I know he was playing me, Clark was known for being a player. I just needed to keep my guard up next time, at least until I knew that I could trust him.

I threw my phone over toward my backpack and pulled my covers over my head.

Snuggling deeper into them was all I could do before I fell asleep.

The last thought that crossed my mind was how nice his hand felt in mine.

~~~~~

(Clark)

She had looked beautiful.

No beautiful did not even begin to describe how she had looked, more like radiant. Yeah radiant that was a good way to describe it.

I thought back on our date and how everything had gone.

We had not argued once, which was completely abnormal for us, but it had been so nice.

I had loved every second of it.

But what would my father say if he found out?

He would not approve of it for sure, even though he had given her father his job back.

That had only been a way to spite me I now thought, a way to make me feel lower then I had before. At the time it had worked and truthfully it still did. I still felt terrible for what I had done to her father. Those weeks when she walked around so tired that she looked dead on her feet, that was all because of me.

Then I had not really cared, but now I did. Now I cared more then I probably should.

Was it possible I was falling for Willow Mayfield? The girl who was from the wrong side of town who had the "wrong" color skin. Was it really that easy for me to let all of my past beliefs go, just like they had never existed?

~~~~~

(Willow)

I woke up to the smell of bacon.

Smiling I hopped out of my bed and walked down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning Dad!"

He turned around from his place at the stove and smiled, "Did the smell wake you?".