Chapter Four

(Willow)

Waking up to sunlight coming through the blinds was a treat, usually I was up way before the sun was out.

But that was not going to stop me from trying to get back to sleep.

I rolled over to block the sunlight from shinning on my face.

Then I remembered, today was the day I met up with Clark Wilson.

The infamous Clark Wilson.

Sitting up I looked at the clock, it read 9:35.

That left me just about four and a half hours.

I stretched reaching up towards the ceiling.

Then I put my feet down on the ground, and started walking towards the bathroom.

The hardwood floors were cool on the bottom of my feet.

I tried to walk faster so I wouldn't have to deal with the cold anymore.

Reaching the bathroom I stepped on the rug and was happy to be away from the cold.

I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection. Raven black hair sticking up at all sorts of different angles. Bags under my dark brown eyes from late nights spent studying or working. My frame was little and thin, almost to thin according to some people; but to most of the cheerleaders out there a little to chucky. All of this helped to make me look like a younger version of my mother.

I turned away from the mirror and started to undress.

Getting in the shower I turned on the hot water and washed away my thoughts.

~~~~~

(Clark)

I looked down at my bowl of cereal as I continued to eat it.

Sitting in the kitchen at the island counter I ate my breakfast, a regular routine for me.

The fact that I was by myself was no big surprise either.

But then I heard footsteps, just what I needed to disrupt my routine.

Looking up I saw my father enter the kitchen, "Where is my breakfast?".

I looked down at my cereal as I answered, "Julius left it it the oven".

Julius was our cook, he made almost every meal my father and I ate.

My father walked over to the oven and opened it to reveal a stack of pancakes. He picked them up and walked over to the island.

Neither of us said anything as we ate.

The silence did not bother me though, I was used to my father not speaking to me.

It him speaking to me that was unusual. Unless he wanted something from me or if he just wanted to discipline me for something he felt I did wrong.

Which is why what he did next bothered me so much, "I assume that you resolved your problem?".

Through gritted teeth I managed to get out the word, "Yes".

"Well I should hope so. I wouldn't want people to be thinking anything bad of this family"

Standing up I put my bowl in the sink.

I began to walk out of the kitchen when I heard my father say, "Do not disappoint me Clark. If I find out that this problem of yours has not been resolved then you will answer to me. Am I understood?".

Clenching my hands into fists I answered him, "Yes Father".

I walked out the kitchen before he could say anything else.