Chapter Thirty

For those of you who listen to the song as well, it has a long intro. If you want to skip directly to the song, skip to 0:53. Thank you for reading! ^_^

Garrison was anxious. He hadn't heard from Mrs. Hamilton in four days, much less anything from Jessica. He knew he couldn't risk contacting Jessica. If Black caught wind of their plan, no doubt he would murder the Hamilton's and torture Jessica more than he already has. Garrison walked into his office and placed his coffee cup down on his desk. The information Jessica had sent him was helpful, but it wasn't everything. He needed more if he wanted to leave Black in the dust. He didn't want Black to have an opening to deny anything. Garrison was aware he was asking much from Jessica, but he knew Jessica was the only one who could get the inside information he would need. Garrison sat down in his chair and sighed heavily. He had told Judge Mark he had a huge case he was working on, but Mark had said he needed to wrap it up if he wanted him to take it. Judge Mark was one of the only judges who didn't favor Black. Garrison knew if Judge Mark took the case, it would be a fair trial. Black wouldn't be able to use his charm against him.

Still, finding the people Garrison needed was hard work. He needed to find two people in particular, and those people happened to be Jessica's parents. He looked into Jessica's file again when they went to court against Justin Freel. Garrison found it odd her parents would leave her alone like they did. His digging proved fruitful. He found out they had left her for a reason as Mrs. Hamilton informed him on what Jessica's grandpa had told them many years ago. Jessica's parents were they key to locking Black away and also setting Jessica free as well as giving her back her life. Garrison wanted nothing more than to grant Jessica a life without pain. She had gone through so much than any one person should. He was horrified to discover Black believed Jessica to be his fiancé. Although, it explained why Black didn't want Jessica out of his sight, and why he was so obsessed with her. Garrison was hoping and praying his own resources would reach Jessica's parents before Black's resources did.

Garrison glanced over at his phone as it lit up. He noticed a text from Mrs. Hamilton, and as he reached over to read it, his phone went off. Mrs. Hamilton was obviously impatient, and she needed to talk to him immediately. Garrison clicked the phone and brought it up to his ear.

"Mrs. Hamilton, I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get an update."

"Garrison, I think Jessica was discovered. She hasn't contacted me in three days." Garrison sat bolt upright, holding the phone tightly in his hand.

"You're sure of this?"

"She told me she would contact me in three days. I haven't heard a word from her since then. She said if this was the case, then we needed to move."

"If you are wrong, it will jeopardize our entire mission and Black will be able to come up with the perfect back up plan."

"But if we wait, something could happen to Jessica." Garrison paused. On one hand, she was right. If Garrison lost Jessica, not only did he forfeit an innocent girls' life, but he also forfeits his chance to catch Black. On the other, if they were wrong, Black would know their plan, and everything would be for naught. Garrison closed his eyes. He would have to go with his gut.

"I will go to Judge Mark and get a search warrant for tomorrow. We will give Jessica one more day to contact you. If she doesn't, I'll be storming Black's house."

*****

Garrison stood outside of Black's massive house, the cops on their way. He had informed Judge Mark about this, and he said if Jessica was found, then the trial would proceed. If Garrison was wrong, he would be suspended from his position as an attorney. Garrison knew he was treading in dangerous waters, but if something had happened to Jessica, he needed to get her out. Mrs. Hamilton had called and said there still wasn't word from her, so he decided to act. Should he find Jessica confined here, he would be able to arrest Black on the spot.