✣ Part Eight ✣

Shoutout to @The12thWatson for being the first person to comment Shane's red pen on the last part. First person to comment "Season 3!" will get a shoutout on the next part.

Ryan's POV

I was really concerned for Shane. I'd never seen him this way. It seemed as if all the courage he normally had in him had drained out.

Keeping my arm around his waist to comfort him, I led Shane off the road and through the grass to where the three tents still stood abandoned. He was so scared that I could almost feel him shivering, although I could tell he was doing his best to hide it.

I didn't let go of him until we'd reached our campsite. Once I had, he slowly trudged to the tent we had planned on sharing and crawled inside. I gave him one last worried look before he zipped the door shut.

"So what's the plan?" Keith asked, forcing me to peel my eyes from the tent.

"Well I do know that we have to call someone to come pick us up. Tonight's been a little rough on all of us." I stated "The only problem though is that Shane's phone is dead and neither of us have service."

"We're probably gonna have to walk somewhere that's got service. Maybe into town?" He suggested.

"Yeah probably..." I gazed around at our surroundings. It was mostly just a ton of rocks. There was one, right in the middle of them all, that was significantly higher than the rest. "I could climb up there and see if getting up higher will get me better reception!" I suggested.

"Alright the works," Keith nodded.

I turned around and took a few steps away before stopping and glancing at the tent furthest away from me.

"I... think I might check on Shane first actually."

"That's probably a good idea. What's up with him tonight anyway? He was fine earlier." Keith asked.

"No idea." I shrugged and walked to the tent, where I unzipped the door and crawled in.

"Shane, what's wrong?" I asked, closing the door behind me.

Noticing Shane's face I moved closer and wrapped my arms around him. He was holding back tears. "What is it?"

"I don't know... I just... I'm so scared." He sputtered.

"You're the bravest person I know, Shane." I told him. "Without you, I don't think I'd be able to do Unsolved anymore."

"That's why I try to be so brave but... it's just not working anymore. This place is terrifying. We've seen just about every ghost that's here and I'm scared to find out what else there is."

He stopped and gazed into my eyes for a moment. "And you've gotten so much braver. The only reason this stuff doesn't affect me is because I care more about you but... You don't need me to protect you anymore. You're being brave all on your own."

I stared down into my lap, taking it all in.

"Shane..." I couldn't think of what to say. Instead of talking I shifted closer and fastened our lips together.

"I love you" he muttered as we pulled apart.

"I love you too."

"Can we just put this all behind us?"

"Yeah. Let's get out of here."

I pulled on the zipper and crawled out of the tent, looking towards the rocks I had spotted earlier.

"I'll head over there to check for service." I stated to Keith, who was standing nearby, before heading away from our campsite towards the jungle of rocks and boulders.

Shane shuffled out of the tent and followed behind me.

"What are you doing?" He asked, as I began to climb the rocky surface.

I carefully maneuvered my way around the sharp edges and pulled myself onto the highest boulder. "Trying to get some service." I explained

"Maybe if you didn't have Sprint you'd get better reception." Shane laughed, watching as I pulled out my phone and held it up in the air.

"Shut up!" I grinned, walking in a small circle near the edge of the rock.

"It's not my fault you have a shitty service provider!" He continued to joke.

I took a step backwards and twisted my body so that I could see him better. He stood on the ground, looking up at me.

Still not getting any service, I began taking a short step backwards. "Yeah, well at least it's better than-" I was cut off as my foot missed the rock and I slipped.

I screamed as my body plunged downwards. My yell was cut off by all the air inside me leaving my body. I couldn't breath!

I'd fallen hard on my butt and it hurt so much. I gasped for air as I lay on the ground in pain, feeling as if my whole spine had shattered. My vision was slowly giving out. Was I about to die?

A/N: I didn't proofread this very much because I'm lazy so I hope you enjoy it. Also I mostly use my iPad for everything and know nothing about my phone so I just went with what Drew Lynch said on America's Got Talent about how Sprint sucks so no hate to them, just quoting a comedian. Also thank you so much for getting this story to 1K reads! Not only that, but The Love Story Of Cellblock Four is at 4K reads which is amazing! Thank you so much! Please be sure to vote for this part of Lost and make sure to leave a comment letting me know if there's any way I can improve.