✣ Part Five ✣

Shoutout to @TheKingKittyCraft for being the first person to comment VidCon on the last part. First person to comment "Shyan" will get a shoutout on the next part.

Shane's POV

I led Ryan away from Keith and into the darkness. We came to a large stone monument labeled "4th New York Battery" and sat down beside it. We could still see our tents from where we were, but I assumed they were far enough away that Ryan wouldn't be as scared of the ghost that would supposedly be showing up there.

I looked at Ryan and took in every detail about him. He was shivering and I could still see the fear in him. Slowly, I reached out and wiped a tear from his eye.

"We're gonna go to the hotel with everyone else ok?" I asked Ryan.

He nodded.

"First we have to find the Try Guys and find somewhere that has service, so that means you've gotta be brave for a little while longer alright?" I continued.

Ryan nodded again.

"Where did you hear about this headless ghost?" I asked him.

"I r-read it on the internet..." he stuttered. He was still a little shaken, but I could clearly see that he was starting to calm down.

"Well it looks like whoever wrote that didn't know what they were talking about. See," I pointed in the direction we had come from "Keith's fine."

We could see Keith walking around the campsite, holding his phone above him. It looked as if he was trying to get service.

Ryan nodded, finally seeming to have calmed down completely.

"Hey, I'm proud of you for being so brave." I scooted closer to Ryan. "I know that normally you'd have been begging to leave hours ago."

"Well... I have you here to keep me safe." He said, his lips getting closer to mine.

I closed the space between us and kissed him. After a moment, we broke apart and sat together silently.

"Ready to go?" I finally asked.

Ryan nodded and we stood up together. We held hands as we walked back towards where Keith was waiting.

"What are we doing now?" He asked, as we approached.

"Well we're gonna go find the other guys and then we'll get out of here." I explained.

"Where do we look?" Keith asked me, glancing around in the darkness.

"How about where Ned and Eugene disappeared?" I suggested. Ryan and Keith agreed and we began to walk away towards Little Roundtop.

I could see the small, tree covered, hill looming in the distance as we walked and reached out to grab Ryan's hand. It was so dark and we were guided by only our dim flashlights.

The road we were walking on led into a thick grove of trees before climbing upwards to the top of the hill. As we followed along the street, a sudden rustling noise came from our left and we all screamed.

"Oh my fucking god..." Ryan sighed when we realized that it was just a squirrel.

I laughed as he continued swearing under his breath, before continuing ahead into the darkness. We walked until we found a deserted parking lot, nestled in the middle of the thick forest.

"I think there's a few trails around here. They lead into the woods. That's probably where we should look." Ryan stated, stopping to survey our surroundings.

We followed Keith as he walked across the parking lot to a gravel path. We continued down it a little ways before stopping. "It splits..." he stated "I'll go this way. Shane, you can go straight and Ryan, go left."

"Wh-what? No! I'm not going alone!" Ryan protested.

"Do you wanna find them or do you wanna wander around the woods until morning?" Keith asked him.

I listened to the two of them argue for a minute before stepping in.

"We're not splitting up. We can't risk someone else getting lost so we'll stick together." I demanded.

Keith resentfully followed as Ryan and I began to walk down one of the three paths, still guided by the dim light from our flashlights.

We soon came to a small clearing, consisting of a large tower. It was built for tourists so that they could see the battlefields from above.

"Maybe we can see them from up there?" I suggested. Keith and Ryan nodded and I led the small group to the stairs.

At the top, I leaned against the railing and looked out over the trees. Ryan came to stand beside me, leaning his head against my shoulder.

"Aside from our current circumstances, it really is a nice night." He stated, looking up at the bright stars and moon.

I nodded. "There's so many stars out here. We never see this many back home." I replied.

"It's so bright up there but so dark down here. We can barely see anything." He said.

"I know. Maybe if it was just a little brighter, we could have found Ned, Zach, and Eugene by now." I stated.

I put my arm around Ryan and looked down at him. He was so brave to be looking around for the Try Guys in the ghostly darkness with us. I was so proud of him for not having gone to the hotel already, but I was also concerned. The longer we stayed out here, the more inevitable it was that we'd see even more terrifying things than we already had.

Ryan looked up at me and our eyes locked onto each other. I leaned down and the two of us shared a short kiss. We were interrupted by Keith calling our names from the opposite side of the tower.

"What is it?" I asked, letting go of Ryan and going to join Keith.

He pointed downwards at a figure standing at the base of the tower. "What's that?" He whispered.

"Is it one of the Try Guys?" I asked him but he shook his head.

"It doesn't look like any of them..." he muttered and looked at me.

That's when I remembered the flashlight in my hand. I turned it on and angled it towards the ground. As the light flashed across the figure, we got a slightly better look.

It wasn't any of the missing Try Guys that was standing below us. It looked almost like a soldier from the Civil War.

I jumped back and fought the urge to scream. Ryan was watching us from the other railing where I had left him. I glanced behind me and saw a slight bit of fear creeping into his eyes.

"Uh..." I forced a laugh "What a funny shaped bush." I leaned close to Keith a muttered into his ear, "Watch and see if it does anything." before turning around to rejoin Ryan.

"A bush?" He asked me, skeptically when I had returned to the railing and continued gazing out into the night.

"Heh, yeah. It looked almost like a person was standing down there. Pretty creepy." I told him, doing my best to seem convincing. Luckily Ryan didn't question me any further and I knew I had said the right thing.

"I don't see them anywhere. We might as well go back down." Keith stated. Ryan and I jumped in fright, not realizing he had come up behind us.

"Sorry." He laughed. "I thought you saw me. Cmon let's go. No use standing up here."

As Ryan began to walked down the steep stairs, I grabbed Keith's arm to stop him from following.

"Where-?" I began but Keith cut me off.

"That person down there? He just disappeared."

A/N: I hope everybody had a great 4th of July! I know I did. Hershey Park seemed to have misjudged how high their fireworks needed to go and accidentally set the grass on fire. It's all fine though! Nobody was hurt! I also would like to thank everyone of you for reading both Lost and The Love Story Of Cellblock Four. They each have 700 and 3.7k reads which is amazing. I am so happy that you enjoy my work and continue to read. If you enjoyed this part of Lost, please be sure to leave a vote and a comment letting me know that you want to hear more. I may not respond to every comment, but please know that I do read and appreciate each and every one of them. Until next chapter, thank you for reading!