Chapter 13

Where the hell are all these people coming from? I totally figured that more people would be dead. But NNNOOOOO they just had to survive. I stood there and stared at this person. He was staring back but he must have gotten uncomfortable because he looked away.

"Where are you from? What is your name? How many are with you? And where are you going?" I ask. All the while I'm still staring at him.

"I'm from Cheyenne, my name is Kody, there are two more people with me, my son and his girlfriend, and we are going anywhere that we can survive. My sons girlfriend is pregnant with twins and all we want is somewhere where she can give birth and not worry about them being eaten whenever we have to move. We were hoping that we would be able to find a store that wasn't too looted and lay low there. Ann and Branden are over in the lit area. I walked over here because I heard something, only to find you here. Now my turn. How many are you? What is your name? is there anywhere we can go that we won't have to worry about those things around every corner?"

Could I have more people at the house? Could I have another pregnant person at my house? Maybe I could find a safe place here. Most everyone has said that everything here was taken over by the freaks.

"I have a place. There are people there already but if she is actually pregnant I can have you guys at the house. However, I will tell you know, there is a pregnant person and someone that just gave birth. if I take you I need to know that everyone, even the pregnant chick will help as much as possible. I need you to take me to see them for myself. I have a son and I refuse to let anything happen to him, especially if there was something I could do to stop it. Do you understand me?" I say looking at him straight in the eyes. He nods and turns on his heel. As he's walking away I see something out of the corner of my eye, there is a zombie stalking toward us.

"HEY WATCH OUT!!" I yell as I run behind him. I push him out of the way as the freak jumps at him. He ends up tackling me and as I fall I catch my arm on a piece of metal that was jutting out from the self. I let out a little yelp and he tries to grab my arm, with the arm that isn't being held down by the flesh-eating monster I reach down to my boot and grab a knife that I had tucked in to it. I reach up and slam it in to his head all the way to the hilt. He immediately stops moving and lays there. I make sure that I don't let any of the blood drip in my mouth. I push him off and lay there for a second to catch my breath. I sit up and see Kody pointing a gun at me.

"Hey what the fuck are you doing?" I say as I hold my hands up.

"You were bit. I see the blood dripping down your arm." he says as he pulls the hammer back on the gun.

"Hey hey HEY. I'm not bit. I caught my arm on the shelf as I fell. Look" I hold my arm up so he can see the cut on my arm. "See you can tell that it isn't a bite. Its a clean cut. Now put the gun down before something happens that we both don't want." He slowly puts the gun down and looks at me.

"I'm sorry. My wife was attacked, and she turned in to one of those things. I just...I freak out if there is even a chance. I can't put the kids in that risk."

"I completely understand. But I will shoot you next time you hold a gun to me. Do you understand?" he nods and holds his hand to help me up. Once I get up I take my jacket off and wrap my arm in it. We walk to where his kids were, and I see something that I wish I could remove from my brain. We walk up and see a blond kid on the ground with a zombie eating his stomach. when I look over I see Kody looking sick, but he keeps walking around them. I follow him, and he opens a door, when I look in I see a short red-headed girl with a very round stomach and a boy that looks to be a couple years older than her standing in front of her with a sharpened stick in front of him.

"Whoa Branden its just me. This is....... you never told me your name." he states.

"Oh, my name is Winter. I'm here because your father asked me to help you guys. How far along are you?" I ask the girl.

"I'm 7 months. and let me tell ya I hate being pregnant." she says, and she yanks on the shirt of the guy to stand up. He falls over and glares at her.

"No need to be a bitch Ann. I'm sorry youre hungry but I have nothing to feed you." says Branden on the floor.

"Ok guys, Winter said that we can go to her house. She has a pregnant person there and a kid. So, we are gonna move as fast as Ann is able. "

"You have a kid? So, you know how being pregnant is?" I nod my head. "Could you answer some questions I have?"

"Of course, sweetie. But I will let you know that its been a few years since I had my kid." I say as I look around the tiny room. there isn't much here, it doesn't look like they have much belongings.

"Is this all your stuff?"

"Yeah we had to leave a lot of stuff behind when our camp was overrun by those.... things." says Brandon.

We call them freaks but everyone calls them something different. Zombies, Zs, the undead all that jazz. It depends on who you as, but enough of that we need to go. There are many people out here that arent the best. And I know that its gonna take some time to trust everyone but if you want to live and that baby to live, we really have got to go. Its starting to get dark and those things come out more at night. I say as Brandon starts to help Anne up. I forgot how funny it was to see a pregnant woman get off the floor. I stifle my laughter and turn to make sure that there are no freaks in the store.

Were ready to go. Theres nothing left here for us. Kody says. I nod and lead the way to the truck.

We get the truck but before I could get the door open Im pulled back and I fall on my ass. I look behind me and see a swarm of freaks right behind us.

RUN FUCKING RUN, I yell at the others. Kody and the rest run to the truck. Anne jumps in the front seat while the rest jump in the back. I grab the knife that I tucked back into my boot. I reach behind me and stab blindly. I hear a crunch and the hand go slack. I jump and go through open window. I turn the key and slam my foot on the accelerator. We zoom out of there as we see that there are more coming out from behind the store.

Thank god we made it of there in time, Anne says, as she rubs her tummy. We drive for about ten minutes before I hear a scream. I look over and see Anne gripping her stomach.

It looks like we have a baby coming, I hear from the back. Jesus with all these kids coming Im gonna must beef up the house.

Listen Anne we dont have anything to help with the baby right at this moment. I just need to hold on for a little while longer OK? Its just a ten-minute drive back to my house. Once we get there, well be able to deal with the baby. Aaron, I need you to come through the window and help her breathe and deal with the pain. I say as I open the back window, before I can bring my arm back to the steering wheel a hand grabs mine in an iron tight grip. I look and see that its Aaron, but not Aaron. His eyes are crazy, and his mouth is foaming.

SHIT! Anne, I need you to get down to the seat. Anne? I once again look over and see Anne but not Anne. mother fucker did all of you get bit?? I wonder out loud as I try to keep Anne off me while still driving. Fuck this shit. I open the door and roll out. In the process I drag over the storage thing in the middle, so it stays on the gas. I end up laying on the ground for a few moments to gather my breath, I cant lay there long due to the fact that there was a hoard following the truck. This shit is getting ridiculous.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hey guysssssss, so I know that its been a long ass time before I updated and Im sorry for that. These last few years have been a little hectic. I got married. YAY!! But enough about me. If you see anything that needs to be changed let me know.

TTYL

-Me