Chapter 7

Instead of feeling a knife plunge into my chest I feel like I was tackled by a football player while they are playing state. I throw my arms out to try to catch myself but Jack has one and my other one is useless so I end up slamming my head onto the concrete. Aaron grabs Jacks head and smashes it on the ground once. Jack immediately goes limp. He comes over and picks me up and puts me back in the truck. He grabbed the keys when he picked me up.

"Aaron," I say looking at him as he gets in the truck. "We can't just leave him there. It would be murder." I look at him to see him looking at me like I lost my mind.

"Winter. HE WAS GOING TO KILL YOU NOW YOU WANT TO BRING HIM WITH US!?!" "No i just think that we should put him in a car or something." He grumbles but gets out. He makes sure that he has the knife and gets Jack. He picks him up and opens one of the doors to an Xterra and not so gently puts him in. He locks the door and books it back to the truck. He starts it and he leaves. We get to the house in twenty minutes, due to the fact that he was going about 80 mph. He pulls the truck up to the front porch and storms into the house. Jessie and James come out to see Leah and the kids having trouble getting out of the back. I'm still sitting in the cab, my vision is getting little black dots in the corner. I also think that I see Jamie and the bane of my existence walk around the house. Who is the bane of my existence? His grandfather, from his fathers side. I groan before I black out. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Winter? Winter wake up honey. If you don't wake up I'm gonna throw a bucket of ice on you." someone says. "Winter please. I'm sorry. I won't throw ice on you. Jamie keeps asking when you're going to wake up. I told him soon, so if you could wake up I wouldn't have to lie to him."

"Hows she doing?" a familiar male voice asks.

"She lost a lot of blood. Add that on to the fact that to the stress that she had when she left, her body is trying to fix all the things wrong. She might sleep for another day or so." Jessie says. That was the first voice that I heard.

"God I hope not, everyone is getting antsy without a leader and there are rising tension between James and Nate." Aaron says.

"Tell them to get the fuck over themselves. I was stabbed twice, almost eaten, and almost stabbed in the heart. I deserve some sleep." I say sitting up.

"You have been asleep for two days already." "I don't give a flying fuck, I'm tired and want to sleep. But I'm not going to. I want to talk to my son and get that ass hole Nate out of my house."

"Winter," Jessie says uncertainly. "I need to tell you something." Shes looking everywhere but at me.

"Jessie Ann." she looks at me in surprise. "What do you need to tell me?" I look at her in the eye. She gulps and sighs, "The government made all the jails and prisons release the prisoners before the apocalypse got too bad. They let them out three weeks before the zombies got here."

"Ok so what are you trying to tell me?" I have a feeling that I already know but I want her to say it.

She looks at me with tears in her eyes, "Trent is here with Nate. He told Jamie that he was his father." I scream and punch the wall. Aaron comes over and grabs my hand just as I'm about to do it again. "Listen I know that you are pissed but you need to go down there and get your son away from those bastards. Jessie told me how Jamie came into this world and from what I have seen they need to be taken care of. I would have done it myself but you are the leader and you need to do it. I have been up here trying to get you awake and I've been getting Leah and those kids all comfy. But now that you are awake I'll go down with you and get all the shit situated with those fucks. Ok?" I take a few deep breaths and slowly nod my head. I try to move my right arm, the one that was stabbed, it hurt but I was able to do it. "Lets go and get this over with."