SIX

SIX

Once we'd got our drinks and cakes from the bakery – she'd been nicer to the guys this time. We'd walked to the park. Choosing a space where we could choose whether we wanted to sit in the sun or shade. The guys sat in the shade. I laid in the sun, leaving my can in the shade created by the large willow tree.

It wasn't long until girls from school started turning up. Trying to get the Dare twins and their friends attention. Mainly the Dare's. I was surprised to find myself wanting to kill every girl who tried asking Zane out. But luckily for them, Zane saved them by declining politely.

I couldn't believe I was actually jealous. It was like seeing pigs flying over the moon. I rarely got jealous. There wasn't much I wanted. Except for Zane. No! I didn't want him, but I didn't want other girls to have him either. I rubbed my face, thinking about how messed up I truly was. A abnormal freak, and I was in the mind set of "if I can't have him, nor can you".

To take my mind off of him. I looked at the wound on my arm, which was now a pink line. If I was human, I would have had many scars. But I wasn't. I was nïeten, I healed fast.

"You okay?" Zane moved closer to where I laid.

"Crowded," I replied simply, then carried on when I saw confusion of whether I meant him on his face. "They don't generally hang anywhere near where Archie and myself are."

"Because your different?"

I nodded. "And because they fear the unknown."

"You?"

I nodded again. "Me."

"Do you fear what you are?"

"I've never known anything different. What I am is normal to me."

"I guess."

I laid with Zane sitting at my side. I watched as he inched forward, forward enough that, as he sat cross-legged, both his knee's touched me. I tensed when his finger's touched my arm, started moving up and down, elbow to wrist, then back down to start again. It was... relaxing, enough so that my body was no longer ready to bolt, enough so that I found myself focusing on not letting a rumble out of my throat, not wanting to scare the touch away.

I heard a girl suck in a breath of air. "Look! Look what he's doing! He's touching her!"

She was right. He was touching me. But my question now was, why was I letting him touch me? Not having an answer, I rolled away, and up into a standing position. I felt my skin tingle where he'd touched me, felt it long for his touch again.

Ignoring Zane standing, I looked over at Archie who was sat, discussing something with Lucas. Picking up my can and chucking it in a nearby bin, I went over to Archie and tapped his shoulder.

"I'm running back." Then I turned to leave, dancing around Zane in the process to avoid his arm that had swept out slightly to grab me.

"Wait!" Archie jumped up. "Your still injured. You can't run while your still injured."

"I've had worse and ran," I reassured him.

"Your not in your running gear," Archie continued, actually sounding worried about not being able to stop me running, he paused, chucked his rubbish in the bin, then grabbed my hand. "We'll get the bus back." He tugged me behind him, determined that I wouldn't run.

"Why do you care, Archie?" I asked, aware of the other's following.

"Because your––"

"You bitch!" I felt a hand slap me across the face. "How dare you!"