{05} Flashbacks

Right. Here is the updated, edited and hopefully better version of my original chapter

---------------------------------------------------

{05} Flashbacks

I woke up at seven and the previous night’s memories rushed back to me and I frowned. I got out of bed and my eyes landed on a white card corner sticking out of the corner of my jeans pockets. I tied my hair up into a careless ponytail and grabbed the card. It read:

V’Lane Peters

Special Tasks Services

A Drop of Blood Is All It Takes

.

.

.

If you catch my drift...

I looked at the card with a raised eyebrow. Seriously? I thought, is this actually his calling card? Shaking my head I dropped it and walked out to wake up Ronnie and Kayla.

“Ronnie?” I asked through the door, “Wake up sweetie, we’re going to be late!” I called. A few minutes later a muffled reply came through the door and I heard Ronnie get up. Well the worst part of it was over and now it was time to wake up Kay.

I smiled slightly despite my awful mood and knocked on Kayla’s door, “Kayla, get up sweet cheeks,” I said trying to muffle my giggling with one hand. I turned to see Ronnie lean against her door frame; watching me with amused eyes.

 “Go away!” Came Kayla's reply. By now I really couldn’t hold in my laughter, “But Kayla,” I said, “My brother’s here! He really wants to see you!”

A second later Kayla’s door banged open and she nearly ran me over, “Oh My God! Where is he? Where is he? Where is he?!” She whisper squealed.

Kayla has had a big fat crush on my brother Seth since the first time she laid her eyes on him ten years ago. Was it really bad of me to take advantage of that? Mmm...yes.

Kayla turned around and her starry eyes reduced in back to their normal size as she took in the Seth-less surrounding and a look of confusion fell upon her face.

She turned around and saw me on the floor, “Where is he?” she asked, here lower lip slightly trembling and then it dawned on her; we had tricked her, again, and now a look of fury crossed her features as she jumped into my direction as I scrambled to get out of the way, “I’LL KILL YOU!” she bellowed and Ronnie let out a loud laugh as I dodged yet another one of Kayla’s manicured nails.