A Demon's Drink

--- Unknown POV---

The night was dark, cold, and held an ominous feeling that seemed within my grasp. I checked the alley once more, waiting for the moment to strike. The door would open quite frequently, but the person I was waiting for never left the premises.

“Report.” The leader’s voice spoke in a headset I was wearing. Her voice was a little too loud for my liking.

“No activity from her.” I said back quietly, watching the sky now too.

“Anything I can report back?” She asked somewhat nervously. It was something no one else would be able to detect, but the great Ra’s had trained us to pick up on the smallest of things.

“No-“ I would have continued but a dark figure was flying toward me. I quickly stood up, ready to fight.

“Come in.” Her voice said sternly.

“Tell your boss his security watch needs a new manager.” The Batman’s voice growled loud enough that I know she’d be able to hear it. There was a tiny click in my ear and I knew that we were disconnected from base. There would be no way to trace any type of radio wave back from my earpiece.

“The Great Ra’s al Ghul has no business with you Dark Knight.” I said lowly, glaring at him. His disturbance could provide her a chance to leave undetected. The Master does not look well on failure.

“What business does he have with the girl?” he asked angrily, advancing.

“None but he knows.” I answered, still ready for the coming fight.

“Detective,” A voice called; one I was not used to hearing from this short distance. Shifting my gaze, I could see Talia; the Master’s daughter. “Why do you trouble my father’s loyal servants?” Her voice was crystal clear and I was confused on whether to protect her or leave; one never stayed in her presence long. She suddenly turned to me and I bowed. “Your work here is done for now. Return and wait for instructions.” I bowed once more before running and disappearing into the night. I didn’t know how she knew the Dark Knight so well, but it wasn’t my place to ask. It wasn’t my place to do anything but react, and succeed in my missions. And it seems this one isn’t going to be the slightest bit easy.

--- The song on the side just sounded really cool... so enjoy! ^_^ i hope you guys enjoy this book... It might be the last in my series...still debating it. Comment, vote, love! ---SNE