Chapter 2: Unbinde What Has Been Taken

"Daphne! No!!" Beta James roared as he watched his daughter be struck by lightening in front of his own eyes. The white flash came down so quickly it blinded him partially. His eyes adjusting from being momentarily blinded. Eyes raced over the spot his daughter once stood. What has she done?

"Daphne!" He screamed again rushing to his daughter side without hesitation. Catching Daphne as she fell down to the ground. The smoke and lighting subsided from her form. Her skin looked untouched as if lighting never even struck her. She looked almost at peace. James cradled her body close to his own rocking back and forth to comfort her. Moving the pieces of hair that had fallen across her face. He will her to wake up. Please moon goddess don't take her from me too.

Jaxon stayed still glued to his spot. He didn't dare to even breath, afraid that even the smallest breath in or out would alone cause her to disappear. To be blown away into the wind as if she was dust in her fathers arms. This didn't feel real, this couldn't be real. His mate, stood there just minutes ago. None of this made any sense. He didn't feel her, he didn't sense her as his mate. He had claimed Lily as his mate. He had claimed Lily as his future Luna. So why did it all feel so wrong now? Why had he met the she wolfs eyes at the Silver Moon pack and instantly felt the mate bond them together? He had felt it for just a spilt second, but it was there he knew it was. It was the moment he had long last craved for and he had claimed her as soon as he could've. Instant love and the need to protect her filled his sense, yet now regret filled his being.

Jaxon didn't feel her, no, not until he heard Daphnes growl that trembled through the pack. The growl that staked her claim, that I was her mate. It left goosebumps on my arms and ran a shiver down my spine. She had claimed me before I had even laid eyes on her. My wolf was relentless in my mind and I had passed it as being home-sick. She stood strong and composed like a Luna would. My heart swelled in admiration and pain as I realize what I had done. But it was too late, I couldn't take it back.

My mate who was once standing was now being cradle by her father. It felt like my world around me was crashing. How could it be that I had two mates? I felt the mate bond with Lily, so why did Daphne also feel the mate bond? Jaxon glanced down at Lily and he almost felt certain that Lily was his mate. He glanced at Daphne once more, but now he felt as if she was his mate and his wolf craved to be closer to her. No, he needed to be closer to her, yet he stood rooted to his spot protecting Lily as his mate.

His gaze staid rooted to Daphne, her father whispering to her to wake up. Jaxon kept his eyes on her willing her to wake up if not for his sake at least for Beta James sake. He couldn't help and take her in. He had known Daphne for years, but he really didn't know her. He had spent his days training to be Alpha as soon as he turned sixteen. He had heard that she hadn't shifted when it was her sixteen birthday. Devastated he didn't see her for months on end. When he had came back from braiding school he had heard that she had become of their best warriors excellent at tracking anyone they need tracking. He had been impressed at hearing Daphnes accomplishments, but he left it at that. Now he wished he had inquired or made the effort to have known the great warrior everyone spoke so highly about.

Maybe...maybe he would've known sooner that they were mates? Would that have changed anything? Would they have been mated? He felt unease by all of it and he still didn't understand the course of events or what she was chanting? Was that her wolf? I thought she didn't have a wolf? Jaxon's head swirled with questions and no answers.

Alpha Matthew, stood in shock rooted to the ground as he witness his friend rush to the little girl he had grown to love as his own. Daphne the sweet little girl that use to run the halls and terrorize his warriors when she was just six years old was lifeless in his Betas arms. This wasn't how it was suppose to go down. She wasn't suppose to find out. She was suppose to be protected. So what had gone wrong?
He stared at his son, who stood in front of his chosen mate, Lily. The girl who seemed to the root of all his problems and the savior of his pack. He cursed himself for not being prepared. Nothing he could do now, but amend the situation as best as he could.

The pack didn't dare to move. Everyone stilled waiting to see if Daphne would wake. They all knew Daphne, it was hard not to know of the lone wolf who couldn't shift. Some pitied her, others thought it was cursed brought to her from the moon goddess and others believe it to be trauma from the pack incident when she was younger. No one really knew what was wrong with the child, but they cared for her as their own. She had grown to be a beautiful and well respected warrior.

"Daphne, honey hey wake up, it's time for you to wake up" James whispered. Letting the tears fall down his face with no attempt to wipe them away.

"Somebody get the pack healer here immediately!" Alpha Matthew barked snapping out of his trance. They needed to get her into the medical wing as soon as possible. There was no time to waste and they need to act fast. If he was going to fix this mess he needed to do it now before it was too late.

Pack members immediately started to move, running in the direction of the Packs Hospital. Others began to usher the children back into the Pack House.

Alpha Matthew felt the upcoming headache start to form, as he rubbed his temples.

"Someone get me the Oracle-" Alpha Noah began his sentence, but was interrupted by the Oracle herself.

"No need to bark orders, Alpha. Not for dear old me,"she spoke calmly as she strolled passed everyone that seem to rush passed her. She offered the Alpha a simple head nod as a sign of respect. She knew how hurt their big old wolf would get if they weren't address and respected for their highly and over shined titled. She side step the hasty running warrior that almost knocked the poor old woman. Using her staff she held it to steady herself. While her petite stature gave the old witch a disadvantage. It was also her greatest advantage as her enemies always underestimated her true power.

The Oracle stood by the troubled Alpha. She watched the scene before her unfold just like the many times she had seen it in her visions. She didn't dare to rub it into the Alpha by saying 'I told you so'. She knew it would be useless. Her warnings had not been enough to stop the Alpha from doing as he pleased and she could only hope that this wouldn't ruin her chance. But she also knew that this wouldn't be the only hiccup in her timeline and if she couldn't get this Alpha under her leash her attempts would be fruitless and Alpha Matthew was as stubborn as they came.

She hummed calling forth her magic from her staff, it buzzed against her hand. She wanted to pity the Beta who now was on his knees to his fallen daughter Daphne. She watched as the Beta shook in fear. The Oracle could hear his prayer to The Moon Goddess. Begging her to take him instead of his daughter. An honorable request, but one that could not be granted not with the stakes so high.

The soon to be Alpha Jaxon seemed to be in great distraught. His wolf ran in agonizing circles in his mind furious for his human self didn't react fast enough to save his own mate. The wolf cursed his human self and whined to reconnect with his true half.

She snickered, her gaze going back to the child. He was blinded by what was truly in his grasp. Now, we will fall to her grace and still they had no idea.

"Isn't this were you are suppose to do you're..." The impatient Alpha spoke after a couple of minutes of silences. The words failing to complete his sentence as the shift began.

The skies parted the Moon now shinning high in the skies as it glow and shimmered down on Daphne.
The Oracle hummed again with curious eyes she approached the poor child. Her father placed her carefully on the forest floor, tenderly not to disturb the course of action. He whispered encouraging words to his daughter almost relieved that there was life. Her bones rearranged themselves like an orchestra danced. Her bones going from a human skeleton and into a wild beast of the night. She took on her true form as the she wolf of The Blood Moon Pack savior to her kind and savior to the cause.

ΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨΨ
Don't forget to show some love 🤍
Let me know what you think
Comment
Vote
And become a Fan

Brought to you by
Yours truly TheGreatMysticArcane🖤