Chapter 1: Alpha Jaxons Mate

Mate

A growl escapes my throat. Before I could even stop it. Everyone's eyes snap to my shaking form, alarmed by the sudden sound, small murmurs spread through the pack. Confusion and curious glances are thrown my way. Why had I just let out a menacing growl in the direction of our new Alpha and his 'mate.' I was practically signing my own death sentence, challenging the said Luna and Alpha of the pack. It was unknown to anyone to willingly challenge their Alpha, not unless you were on a suicide mission.

"Mate" I growl out, my feet moving on their own, walking towards them.

The people closest to me gasp at hearing what I had just said, their voices floating faster through the pack as they repeated what I said. To say they were shock was an understatement. Why would their Alpha present another female as Luna, claiming to have found his mate?

He has chosen another female as his mate, as his Luna. Just the idea had my wolf threatening to surface and tear this females throat apart for touching what is ours. But I couldn't, I could only stare and hold the anger inside of me. Even though I had my wolf, I had yet to shift. I couldn't shift, my wolf was present, but when it was time for me to shift I never did. Devastated by it, I feel into deep depression and eventually I threw myself into training. Proving to myself that I wasn't weak because I didn't have my wolf, that I could still just be as powerful with just my human side. I still possessed the qualities of a werewolf. I had heighten sense, I was stronger than an average human and I could heal just fine. The question still lingered in the back of my head as to why I never shifted. However in this instance there was a bigger question lingering in my mind.

I knew he was my mate as soon as he had stepped out of his vehicle. How had he not known we were mates? He was an Alpha he would've know we were mates as soon as he became of age. Yet here he was with another female presenting her to the pack as his mate.

Something wasn't right. I could feel it, a dark cloud loomed over my head as I continue to watch the scene in front of me unfold.

The bond we share was there, it was weak, but I could feel it. My wolf could sense it and I had felt my wolf trying to reach for someone. I didn't know who, but now I knew she was trying to reach for his wolf. I didn't know it at first, not until he stepped out and the world seemed slow down as I took him in, with new eyes. How quickly my wolf jumped to joy, thoughts of the possibilities, things we would do as a mates raced in my mind. I couldn't help the grin growing on my face, how badly I wanted to run into his arms. As fast as time slowed down it also sped up putting my fantasy to a sudden halt when he opened her door.

Another growl escaped my throat, it echoes in the small clearing. I could feel my wolf snapping her jaw and fighting for control. My form shook inevitably anger pulsing through my veins. My teeth elongate themselves, puncturing my bottom lip. The metallic taste of blood bloomed on my taste buds. My wolf wanted blood. It was becoming increasingly harder to control my wolf as she paced back and forth in my mind. It was as if she was literally caged in my mind without any release. Which was partially true because if she was able to shift at this exact moment I had no doubt she would ripped that she wolfs head off and maybe her mates too.

Ignoring everyone's pitiful stares I slowly made my way towards him. Making it clear what I wanted and narrowing my eyes at him, making my emotions loud and clear for him to know. To know the pain he's causing me right now and the anger me and my wolf are sharing.

"Mate" I growl out louder, making sure every single person could hear it. Hear the claim I am placing on my mate. My hands fist themselves tightly against my side. A collective gasp spread throughout the pack, as they realize the truth behind my words and the severity of the situation between the Betas daughter and their Alpha to be. More murmurs and whispers erupted.