Chapter 14: Comfort and Plan

Harry felt safe. Comforted. He felt safe in Snape's arms. He felt warm. He snuggled deeper into his pillow only to realize his pillow is moving. He opened his eyes and only to be found that he's been crying himself to sleep and Snape must have come in to comfort him. He pondered on what Snape said, and then realized that he was wrong.

Well, waking up at with Snape and sleeping being comforted by the same adult was more than Harry dreamed of, regardless of who is. What matters to Harry is that he has someone who truly cares for him.

Then, he heard Snape groan. The man must've waken up. Ah, early riser, just as Harry had thought he is.

"Woken up already, Harry?" He heard Snape asked. Harry nodded. He cannot help but grip the man's sleeping clothes when Snape tried to stand up.

"What, Harry? What is it?"

"I was... Wrong, you know, concerning last night."

Snape's left eyebrow lifted, "Oh really now? Pray tell, Harry Potter."

Harry only buried himself upon Snape more, "Last night. I said that if I were to go and Obliviate people," there was a hint of sadness as Harry said the words, 'Obliviate people', but Snape let him continue, "I'm not alone. Not that much, at least."

Snape, as expected, snorted, "Of course, you stupid child, because I--"

"--Because I've got you. I'm not really alone, Sir. Not by a long shot, I'm not, so thank you."

Somehow, Harry's words must've affected Snape more than he knows, for there was something else that was flashing in the black pools, and yes, Harry knows that whatever it was, he must mirror it in his own gaze.

Then slowly, Harry withdrew his hand, and himself. Snape didn't say anything, but he stood, his back turned to Harry, and said, "Yes, Potter. By doing this, I believe we both earned a ticket to being stuck with one another."

Harry smiled. He didn't mind being stuck with Snape.

Surprising, but he wouldn't mind at all-- not so much as he thought he would for four years.

----0---0---0---

When both came down, Narcissa was there, preparing breakfast for them. She must have been told by Lucius about what happened last night, for she didn't say anything, instead, she bid them to sit while waiting for Lucius to come down.

Snape guided his charge towards a seat on the dining table, neither of them said a word. Only the ocassional movement of Narcissa as she cooks and her utensils would be heard.

That was, until Potter hissed in Snape's ear, "Malfoy's Mum cooks? I thought she's a stickler Pureblood?"

Snape glared at the boy, "Shut thy mouth, Mister Potter."

Narcissa must have heard all of it, for she blurted out, "Mister Potter, do you know that women ought to cook?"

Potter had at least the audacity to blush at the Malfoy Matriarch's comment. The boy did shut his mouth and pretended he didn't do anything. Snape supplied the explaination, "Women are trained to be domestic, Mister Potter. In the Wizarding World, Pureblood women are either taught to be good in cooking or in embroidery."

The boy only nodded.

"Rather shy, are we now, Harry Potter?" Narcissa asked, her voice teasing. The boy blushed harder.

"Funny lad." Narcissa said with a laugh.

Harry just kept quiet. He really was fascinated by the way the Malfoys are since he came here a few hours ago. They seem to be... Rather kind. Generous. And now, Draco's mother cooks for him. Granted, it was truly a surprise, but he was so used to the haughty and elitist way they projected themselves. Harry wondered; who are the real Malfoys, then? The ones who are seen as evil, or this? Kind and gentle and as Snape put it, domestic.