Chapter Thirty-Five

Songs for this chapter are:

Crew Love - The Weeknd ft. Drake

Crawling in the Dark - Hoobastank

-----------------------------------------

Justin's POV

I laid awake in the bed, my hands ever so lightly tracing over Brooke's face. My thoughts were clouded by my fuck up of a father. I really didn't want to attend that meeting tomorrow, well, actually today, it was around three in the morning.

I was extremely grateful at the fact I could bring Brooke with me, for many reasons. One, I didn't want her home alone. Two, she could help control my anger. And three, I could show her off at the meeting.

Everyone in my father's gang were pigs, owning sluts and whores as 'slaves.' It disgusted me, knowing they were like that on their own account. Brooke wasn't like that. Sure she was feisty, but in this adorable way. Yes, she was sexy, but in a poised way. She was kind, caring, humble, everything that I needed in a girl.

I brushed my thumb over her cheek once again, before resting my arm over her stomach. I scooted closer to her - if that was possible - snuggling my face into her neck.

I just wanted to be close to her at every single minute of the day. She made me a better person, she made me want to be a better person.

I know everyone has heard this a million times, but I feel the need to keep telling people that. Everyone says she's no good for me, and she's a stuck up bitch for not loving me.

She's far from that. She's insecure and fearful.

I love that about her. Of course I want her to love me, but I know she's smarter than that to just fall into my arms whenever I want her to.

That's why I cherish times like this. She actually wanted me to stay with her. I know she's warming up to me, and all I need to do is be patient and not mess anything up.

Of course, I felt terrible for putting a bullet through one of Brooke's family. I didn't really like Kiera, but she was Brooke's sister, so she had to have a few good qualities.  The only reason for my action was that I knew girls like her, before.  She was afraid of nothing.  Nothing I could've said would have made her shake in her own skin.  Physical pain was the only way to get her down from her high horse.

Brooke was the complete opposite. Too many swear words in one sentence had her shaking in her boots.  I chuckled, it was so cute.  I loved that I could protect her so much.

My thumb traced over Brooke's cheek again, feeling the warmth radiate from it. I always felt an electricity between us, and I just hoped she felt the same way. I scooted closer to her, wrapping both arms tightly around her. I pulled her back flush against my chest, snuggling my face into her neck.

She'll love me soon, I know she will.

My eyes closed, and I patiently waited for sleep to wash over me.

* * *

I was awoken to a hand on my chest, and a warm body leaving my side. I groaned, trying to reach for Brooke's body. I heard a quiet laugh, and a hand was placed on my cheek.

"C'mon Justin, wake up," Brooke's sweet voice rang into my ear. I groaned again, grabbing her arm and yanking her back beside me.  It was always Justin, I found myself craving 'baby' or 'babe' to come out of her mouth more and more every day.  God, I sounded like such a pussy.

"Your phone beeped, and the message said the meeting was at eleven." Brooke informs me. I moaned again, rubbing the drowsiness out of my eyes.

"What time is it now?" I asked. Her body nimbly turned around to check the clock, and I couldn't help but stare at her ass. (But shh, don't tell.)