Chapter 12

Dallas

Oh shit, that just came out of nowhere. She looked at me for the longest second before a small smile broke free on her lips, "I think you are my soulmate." She said, to me that meant more than I love you. That was her accepting the bond, a bond she didn't even know about. She continued, "You are a part of me and we have only known each other for a very short time, but it feels like a lifetime. I haven't felt like this before. To be honest, it scares me a bit, but I love you too, Dallas." 

I couldn't take anymore, so I kissed her. A throat cleared and I turned to glare at whoever it was. Claire laughed and slapped my arm. "Stop being crabby. What is it, Dane?" Dane shrank from my glare but brightened when Claire addressed him. "The police would like a statement from you and then we can go. They have the fire contained, but it will take awhile to put completely out. I'm sorry, but it's a total loss, Claire." She stepped from my arms and patted Dane's arm, "It's just a house, it's insured. Don't worry about it." She gave him a brave smile and walked towards the officer waiting to take her statement. 

Dane watched her like a hawk, "She will make a great Luna, Dallas. She's strong, brave, fair and a bit scary, for such a tiny human. I see where Sophia gets it." I laughed, "Yeah, she's pretty awesome. Now I just have to hope she doesn't run away screaming when I tell her everything." Dane snorted, "As if you could scare her away.I do think she would benefit from some training, though." I nodded, "Being human and my mate makes her a target." He sighed, "I feel sorry for whoever tries that." 

She turned and flashed me a smile before thanking the officer and striding back to us. "They are doing a full investigation, but Tyler always seems to get away with everything, so." She shrugged. "Give Dane your keys, you can ride back with me. I think it's time I told you my secrets and I don't want you running away." She laughed, "You can't scare me, big boy. Bring it." She handed Dane her keys with a grin and walked with me to my car. "OK, spill." She ordered. "Wait til we get there. All will be explained." 

I drove her back to the pack grounds, but to a small place I like to go to be alone. We got out of the car and I took her over to a fallen log. "Have a seat." When she sat, I began to pace. "Claire, let me just tell you everything and then you can ask any questions." She nodded and I continued. "I am a werewolf, the Alpha of the Red Moon pack and you are my mate. Almost everyone that works for me and lives on the pack lands, is a werewolf too. Charlie is and June is her mate, Zeke and Jordan are mates. I know it is a lot to take in but-" She laughed, "I did see a wolf earlier, good, I thought I lost my mind. Sophia knows, doesn't she?" 

I looked at her, there was no panic or fear, just curiosity. "Yes, she begged me to let her see my wolf. I can't tell her no, I have a problem." She chuckled, "OK, mister, let's see it." I stared at her or a moment before I started taking off my clothes. I kept my eyes locked on hers and I could hear her heartbeat speed up. It wasn't fear, it was lust. It played through her eyes while I was stripping. I smirked as I pulled off my boxers, she was blushing. I called on my wolf and soon I was standing on four paws. She hasn't moved, just stared. Then she stood and walked towards me slowly. 

I sat on my haunches and watched as she lifted her hand and touched my head. "Is this ok?" She asked carefully. I turned my head and I was still taller than her. I leaned into her touch and sighed. She smiled, "You are fluffy, just like Soph said." I licked her face, the entire side of her face and she scrunched her nose at me, "That was not funny, Dallas." She wiped her face with her shirt and scratched my ear, causing my chest to rumble in contentment. "You are beautiful, Dallas." She whispered as she leaned against me. I smelled another wolf, not one of my pack. I pushed her behind me and growled.

She must have understood my actions because she moved back, still touching me. A large black wolf stepped out of the trees. I snarled at him and he snarled back, before shifting into Alpha Leo from the Orion Pack, the closest pack to us. I quickly shifted back. "Leo, put some damn pants on, my mate doesn't need to see your junk!" I threw him a pair of shorts from a burrow and slid my jeans back on. 

Leo grinned, "I heard through the grapevine that you may have found her and I was excited to meet her." I returned his smile, he was about ten years older than me and a good friend and ally. I turned to see Claire standing there with her eyes covered. "Are all the naked men covered?" I chuckled, "Yes, sweetness." She peeked between her fingers and sighed. "Good, thank you." I pulled her into my arms, "This is my mate, Claire. Claire, this is Alpha Leo. He is from the Orion Pack, they border us to the west." 

She looked at him and smiled, stepping forward. "It's nice to meet you, Alpha Leo." He shook her hand, "The pleasure is mine, Luna." I pulled her back against me. He met my eyes, "Human? How wonderful! Julie will love that. She swore she would be the only human Luna in the state." Claire's eyes met mine and winked at me.