Oh my...

I decided to make this one a little bit AU, but not much. There may be a little OOC. This one-shot is about Blue Beetle. Enjoy!! OH, this is before Impulse joined, but Wally and Artemis still quit and Kal is undercover.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Warning! Mentions of abuse ahead! Do not read if you could be triggered or are uncomfortable!

Nightwing/Dicks POV

He's late. Again. Team training started 20 minutes ago. 5 minutes I'd be a little mad, but come on! He better have a good excuse.

No POV

Beast boy FAIL rang through the room. BB sat on his back and gave a huge sigh. Nightwing gave a short laugh, he stuck his hand out to help the boy up. "One day I'll beat you!" Beast boy exclaimed, a smile stretched acoss his face. "Can't wait," Nightwing replied with a smile of his own.

As the two made their way off so Lagoon boy and Bumblebee could start their match, the zeta rang. Blue Beetle B22, the flash of light died down.

Jamie ran in as he spoke. "Sorry I'm so late ese. I had to talk to a teacher and then on the way here there was a mugging."

Nightwing gave a sigh. Alright he could understand, but something was off. He just couldn't tell what and it bothered him to no end. "It's fine, but if this happens again there will be consequences. Now go warm up." Jamie gave a nod and quickly went to start his warm up.

Nightwing shook his head and spoke to everyone. "Alright everyone, take 5. I have to speak with Batman, when I get back we'll continue training."

Everyone murmured acknowledgement. With that he ran out of the room.

Everyone gathered around the benches to talk, except Jamie who decided it be best to finish his warmup. As everyone chatted excitedly about weekend plans, as it was Friday, La'gaan looked at Jamie. "How come he's always late to training? If he's not taking this seriously, why should he still be allowed on the team?" La'gaan voiced his thoughts.

Everyone stopped and looked at La'gaan, then to Jamie. Luckly he hadn't heard, or he was just plainly ignoring them.

"It's not nice to talk about teammates like that," M'gann reprimanded. "But I don't think it's fair Angel Fish," sighed La'gaan. Wonder Girl or Cassie interjected, "he kinda has a point though. Jamie is late a lot, but almost never gets punished."

Jamie had just walked over a few seconds after she finished her sentence. "What up ese?" Jamie asked his team. La'gaan spoke before anyone could say anything," why are you late all the time?"

Jamie looked surprised at the question. "W-what do you mean hermano?" Jamie questioned a confused and weary smile on his face.

La'gaan was upset now. Playing dumb, are we? "You know exactly what I mean," La'gaan stepped up and pushed Jamie back.

Jamie wasn't expecting the push, because of this he didnt have time to prepare himself. He let out a shout filled of pain. His eyes squeezed shush as he kneeled on the ground, breath coming out in harsh gulps. Normally when sparring he expects the hit to come, but his gaurd was down.

Slowly he stood up, unshed tears in his eyes from the pain flaring through his entire body. His shoulder wasnt even the worse of his injuries. He refused to cry, not in front of his team, not in front of anybody.

The team stood in shock. They had not expected that reaction. La'gaan cried, "I didn't even push you that hard!" Jamie smiled, "no worries. It wasn't you, just got hurt earlier. I thought it was fine." Batgirl quickly shook off her earlier shock, opting instead to help her injured friend.

Batgirl walked up to him, about to grab him and pull him to the med bay. "Here, let me s-" "NO!" Jamie jumped back in fright. At that moment Nightwing walked back in, "alright, everyone get back to training. I just need to speak w-" he cut himself off. "What happened," Nightwing questioned.